1.    #1  
    I've got snapper 1, standard edition. I'm thinking about upgrading to version 2. Normally I do these sort of upgrade things almost automatically but I can't see the necessity of doing it with snapper. Can anyone out there convince me why I should ? All it seems to offer is a revised interface and subfolder support - what else is there that makes it worthwhile ?? Thanks - incidentally I need POP support so please no 'you should switch to chatter " stuff !!
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    You're right about the interface...not tremendously different, but it's been a while since I used Snapper 1.xx. 2.0 seems much faster, especially w/the last couple of releases. If speed is important to you, I say go for it. I'm pretty happy with it. Plus, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before SM releases "push" mail. That's what I'm waiting for.
    Message archival to card to free up RAM.
    Attachments can be detached to free up RAM
    For me, the biggest factor is the ability to scroll through emails containing many html links. It was a huge pain to do so in v. 1. It's much easier in v. 2.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  5.    #5  
    thanks - the card archive is the thing that appeals most as well as the speed factor so that's enough to justify it !!
    Did they keep the same way Junk works in v1? Or when you junk - do you automatically lose the email (can't un-junk it) in v2?
    If you accidently junk it, it is gone forever from Snappermail. However, I just realized that you can still recover the email by using the standard email app, since using that app the email isn't yet marked for deletion.

Also, for me, my email functinality on the Treo is a "core" function. Cost takes a back seat to functionality on this issue. Although as a POP email user the benefits to upgrading from v1 to v2 weren't huge, they were important enough to justify spending the extra money.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!