1.    #1  
    We just met with our new corporate VZW rep yesterday. Prior to the meeting we asked for him to find out when the 650 would be released by VZW. At the meeting, he said MINIMUM Mar-May of next year, but he was still waiting for confirmation of that time frame from product testing. We decided to get 600's rather than wait another 6-12 months. I figure if they are guessing at Mar-May already, then it'll be more like Oct-Dec.

Anyway, take it for what it's worth.
    I guess something never changes.....
    I'll file that one under things that are so predictable you could set your watch by them.
    You know... there is something to be said about this approach. I have had almost no inherent issues with my VZW T600. Would I rather help my carrier debug a new device, or get one that has been field tested for a year or so... depends on my mood I guess
    What are you going to do if it launches sooner. He could have just snowed you because he wanted to write the order and not wait ad month or so.

You know how to tell when a sales guy is lying? His lips are moving!
    <ok, I know, very old and very bad joke>

Seriously though, I would try to confirm that date from a few sources before I just went ahead and bought 600s.
    I would be laying flat on the floor with a cardiac arrest (and I am only 35 years old in good health) if they released the 650 anytime sooner than Jan. and thats pushing it!! That just would not be Verizon like if they did otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    What are you going to do if it launches sooner. He could have just snowed you because he wanted to write the order and not wait ad month or so.

Seriously though, I would try to confirm that date from a few sources before I just went ahead and bought 600s.
    yeah... very old... and it should be Lawyers instead of Sales guys!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s_strosberg
    I thought it was polititions (cause I am a sales guy, and I don't lie.)
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    HaHa...as soon I posted that I was like...ok...some sales guy is going to take exception to this. It's ok...I work in marketing...I make up the lies and the sales people tell them!
    Quote Originally Posted by s_strosberg
    Take it easy, I'm a lawyer...
    All I can say is F%@$^ IT. VZW charges too much fer data anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean18
    Take it easy, I'm a lawyer...
    I'm a sales guy & honest, all at the same time... who knew!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by McTreo
    I thought it was polititions (cause I am a sales guy, and I don't lie.)
    same here buddy...
    any of u sales guys make cold calls with your treo? if u do, what software do u use?
    Quote Originally Posted by CHiNNuTS
    any of u sales guys make cold calls with your treo? if u do, what software do u use?
    Nope. I don't have a Treo. I am an Insurance Salesman, & I work in a Call-Center, so I make calls on the company dime!!!
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CHiNNuTS
    I sell real estate and we are required by law to check with the "do not call" list. That being said, I rarely make cold calls because I'll burn thru my minutes hoping to get a lead(or someone telling me to go to h***) Regardless, I TRACK my calls using Documents to Go and Excel spreadsheet. Very useful because I can carry the spreadsheets around with me to and from the office.
    most politicians ARE lawyers so that one is redundant.

that said, i will repeat something i read a long time ago. individually, most lawyers are some of the finest and most upstanding members of the community. collectively, they have done more to destroy the fabric of our society than any other group.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike

My boss and I discussed the strategy at great length before the meeting. When we initially asked about the 650, we simply said we were satisfied with what we have now, but if the 650's are coming out pretty soon, we'll plan on ordering a few when they come out. It wasn't until after he gave us the month we said we'd get the 600's if it was going to take that long. Besides, we're a new corporate account. It wouldn't be a good idea for him to lie to us because our department doesn't have to use the same corporate account as the rest of the company. And if I find out he did lie to us, we'll just switch back...no biggie.