1.    #1  
    I'm looking to get a GPS system on my Treo. What's the best option?
    Go to this thread
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    I just got Mapoplis with gps for my treo. So far I am not happy. It locks up my phone and It routinely gives directions that do not make sense. It will have you pass the street you want to go down and take the next street only to come back to the street you should have turned down. I wish I could get delorme for the treo
  4.    #4  
    Why delorme?
    Is there a kit?
    I just found delorme has software to work with the treo on this site and they give you a link to get an adapter cable if you need it. I am going to torder it some time this week. If delorme handheld 2005 works as good as my laptop version than I will be happy. I hope I can download draw files into it too.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    I have used Delorme for years on a laptop. It'll give you wierd directions on occasion, but overall it's great. I use it with a Magellan Platinum. As soon as the 650 is in my grubby little hands, I'll be switching to Delorme's Palm compatible software and I guess their GPS receiver since I have no idea how I would connect the Magellan (serial port) to the new phone...
    Vince
  7.    #7  
    Is it worth getting GPS now or shouild I wait for the 650?
    I was curious about this too....will the iTrek and Mapopolis all be compatible with the 650?
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thedrifter
    Is it worth getting GPS now or shouild I wait for the 650?
    I would wait for these reasons.
    1) Hi-res screen
    2) Connector is different on the 650
    3) Bluetooth may mean no cable needed (in which case reason 2 becomes moot) but we don't know for certain which profiles will be supported
    I think Itrek will probably still work with 650, unless they use a different version of OS software. I ordered my delorme today and a cable from another cable. I should have everything by the end of the week and I will let everyone know how it compares to mapoplis. I found out delorme has reverse directions which will help the wife out.
    Watch out with Delorme, not only does their s/w give funny directions but their maps are about 3-4 years old. Check out the forums at www.delorme.com
    Magic I don't think street atlas 2005 is. Have you heard anything on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by kouma
    Magic I don't think street atlas 2005 is. Have you heard anything on it?
    I actually have SA2005. I fouund that my locality has LESS data in SA2005 than in my (old) SA Road Warrior Edition (2003?). So I am going to return it and hopefully get a refund.
    kouma: Delorme specifically mentions on ther site that they don't have a cable to connect their earthmate receiver to the treo 600. See this: http://www.delorme.com/support/stree.../2005HH003.asp

What software/GPS/cable combinatoin are you claiming will work?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by magicman
    Watch out with Delorme, not only does their s/w give funny directions but their maps are about 3-4 years old. Check out the forums at www.delorme.com
    What forums? I just bought SA2005 and haven't noticed that the data is old.