Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I've had problems with my treo 600 where sometimes when I call someone I can hear my self talking and when I try to use the speaker the person who i am talking to tells me that they hear an echo so basically the speakerphone on the GSM treo is practically useless. My first treo 600 was from sprint and never had that problem.

So what I'm asking is do you think this is an issue with the phone or the T-mobile it self? It would be great if this is fixed with the 650

Thanks
    The phone, or, more likely, the placement of the mic on the 600 (which is on the back at the bottom).

I had a problem with it on my first 600 with AT&T. Replacement #2 (replacement #1 was a lemon) seems ok with the speakerphone so far (only had it a week).

From the initial pictures of the 650, it looks like the mic is on the bottom but positioned on the front plate, which hopefully will help fix things so that the mic doesn't pick up the voice of the other person coming out of the speaker.

There was also some discussion about the inside wiring causing the echo as well so if that was the case hopefully that was fixed as well
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    contact support@palmone.com and reference treo650. they will be able to help you out. thanks.
    I was wondering that too as I had the same problem with both my GSM treo 600's
    I get that sometimes on my Nextel phone. Nextel runs off iDen which I believe is based on TDMA, so maybe there is something to that.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I think it has to do with gsm phones because I also tried the sony k700i and sometimes i get an echo when I make call. This is just strange and sometimes I feel its t-mobile who's screwing up
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I've never had this problem with my T600 on T-Mobile. I think it's your phone(s).
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I did 5 exchanges on my 600 because of this. PalmOne finally gave me a full refund ($649). I sent mine in, then bought a new one for $423, which I will sell on e-bay when the 650 comes out.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    So it is a common problem with gsm version of the treo 600. Hopefully it gets fixed in there next realease.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    U can get rid of problem entirely by switching to CDMA.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=damigs]U can get rid of problem entirely by switching to CDMA. [/Q

Better to be on the GSM side since sprint is going to be locking down bluetooth unlike GSM.