Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    You know what gets me is the secrecy surrounding the T650. Here we are, perhaps just days until the release (even that is unknown really) and we still don't really know the specs. Then I look at Ben Q or the Nokia Communicator, and the BOTH boast what's coming with a spec sheet! These look very interesting and the Nokia blows the 650 out of the water IMO, which is why I'm thinking of holding out for it. I got my Treo 600 days after it's initial release (waited for it for a couple months) and like everyone else I survived the Treo 610 rumors and was all giddy about seeing pics for the first time, couldn't wait for it to be released, etc! Damn this has been an exciting time, and yes, I love my T600s (have had a couple replacements because of the Network Search bug).

But DAMN that Nokia communicator looks very cool, especially with the larger wide format screen for browsing the net & watching movies. It may be a brick, but with Wi-fi, more memory, and all the goodies we've speculated about on the Treo (as well as some we haven't), I think Nokia has been reading our forum! While it may be a painful wait, I think it's the next true geek must-have device. I still haven't totally made the decision to switch, but unless P1 comes out with a better Treo than the 650, or unless the T650 is more than it seems at the moment (Wi-fi at LEAST), I'm probably going to (reluctantly) make the switch.

And before you tell me not to let the door hit me on the way out, please know that I'm as 'Palm loyal' as the next guy, having had many Palm devices before I had the Treo, starting with the Palm III and working up. I've been excited about each upgrade, but more frequently than not felt like they could have done better.

I love the Palm O/S, the community and all the people I've met here at TC. Like many of you, I have supported many developers of Palm software by both purchasing their products and sending in donations for development. It's not ME turning my back on P1, it feels like it's the other way around.

P1: PLEASE bring us what we're asking for!! If other companies are doing it, why are you holding out on us?? I'm probably going to have to get a Tungsten to carry around with my Nokia Communicator just so I can continue to use some of my favorite Palm Apps, and still be part of the Palm community. Yeah, I like it THAT much!

fp
    <a href=http://www.floydpinkerton.net>My Homepage</a><br>
    <a href=http://www.totaldialup.net>TotalDialup.com</a> My business<br>
    <a href=http://www.coverupsounds.com>Coverupsounds.com</a> (my small contribution)
    Why is PalmOne holding out on you? Because Nokia and BenQ are not subject to the same securities law restrictions on forward looking information (PLUS - PalmOne has been burned very badly in the past by announcements killing slaes of current devices - think about all those poor slobs buying Treo 600's from Best Buy for $599 who don't know any better).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    And as for everyone else who don't know crap about the 650, and they "heard" from another forum, that someone else said from another post, found a rumor that the 650 has XYZ, and insist in regurgitating the truth by typing it here...SHUT THE **** UP!!!
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 10/13/2004 at 09:48 PM.
    Pretty lame, dstrauss.

BTW - NOK is responsible for the same securities laws.

PLMO is just stupid, that's all, since they're STILL trying to attract geeks rather than rank-n-file customers.

Fits well with Silicon Valley, I guess.

THen again, PLMO doesn't have to sell at all to end customers, they have to sell to those who sell to end customers.

Yeah - that's why all the secrecy! They don't want those sellers to know anything in advance!
    Here we go round the mullberry bush...
    and we all drop dead. . .
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by JOVE
    And as for everyone else who don't know crap about the 650, and they "heard" from another forum, that someone else said from another post, found a rumor that the 650 has XYZ, and insist in regurgitating the truth by typing it here...SHUT THE **** UP!!!
    I'm going to request the admins look into your profanity. This is enough!
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 10/13/2004 at 09:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    You shouldn't take it so personally, let the man express himself!

...People these days...
    Quote Originally Posted by spiVeyx
    You shouldn't take it so personally, let the man express himself!

...People these days...
    I don't take it personally, I just find it distasteful in our otherwise civil little community.
    I would have to go with dstrauss on this one. Nokia and BenQ are releasing an answer to the Treo, not just a slightly better version of what they already have on the market. Had I not found this very informative site, I would have purchased the 600 and been pissed a couple months later when the 650 came out.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I don't take it personally, I just find it distasteful in our otherwise civil little community.
    I agree with you dutch.

"Profanity is the feeble attempt of a weak mind to express itself forcefully."
    --Rev. Joe L. Sharp

I'm going to request the admins look into your profanity. This is enough!
    Quote Originally Posted by theFourth
    I agree with you dutch.
    "Profanity is the feeble attempt of a weak mind to express itself forcefully."
    --Rev. Joe L. Sharp
    Wow...Tattletelling!!! You big clever witty man!!! How old did we turn today? This community is just bursting through the seams of bottled up hatred towards PalmOne/Handango and the dang (is that better?) release date. It's surprising that we don't have a bunch of schizophrenic mass murders on our hands, because I know, even you are going nuts, Mr. dutchtrumpet, Mr. I watch this forum every minute of my life, Mr. 873 posts.!!!

And so who are you to stop my devilish acts of reverse swear words? When you know that is what's going through your head. I'm tired of everyone holding me down. It's time to mean what I say and say what I MEAN!!!

In conclusion, do your best to get me banned, kicked out, or shunned from this board. Maybe then someone will listen and get my point. BUT, is that REALLY going to stop me? For the weak minded Mr. theFourth, I will never go away!!! I will come back as J0VE (that's spelled with the # zero) or JO\/E, J()VE, J()\/E, _|()\/E, or even better EVOJ. Any way, you are gonna kcufing know who I am, what my ssa is about and, and my tish will always be heard!!!!
    thank you for your contribution. yes I do frequent this site often. it is my favorite. I am fortunate to have a job that allows me the flexibility to check in often. I am sorry for you that you have so much anger. today was a beautiful day. lighten the cloud over your heart. also I will alert the admins again to your vulgar communication.

take care
    you just jealous that i can speak my mind, and that I might even be happier than you!!!

*points, laughs, skips away singing*
    Quote Originally Posted by JOVE
    you just jealous that i can speak my mind...
    wuteva
    No, I just pity you for what is in your mind.
    Sorry to steal your thread pinkerton...I've said my peace here.
    Catch up buddy...you move too slow!!!
    Look up!!!
    To post in this forum is to have civil discussion. No cuss words, no matter how you spell it and no personal attack on other users. JOVE, you have been warned.
    well ****
    Don't say I did not warn you. JOVE, you have just been banned.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast