1.    #1  
    Bought my Treo from ATT 4 months ago. I got a replacement phone from Palm 3 weeks ago. It was 1.12 INT...
    I tried to do the ATT 1.13 update.. Failed and said not compatible.

Then it was suggested to do the 1.12 ROW updater.. That worked but I suspect INT = ROW..

Anyway I tried to go from 1.12 ROW to 1.13 ATT and it fails again..

The reason I am trying to upgrade is that the signal level is almost nothing in my office.. With the old phone (ATT) it was almost full strength all the time..

This phone goes from no signal (SOS ONLY) to 1 or 1 bars in a minute just sitting there.. Also drops calls like crazy!
    When the phone is on and you go to the phone info screen (Phone app -> Menu -> Options -> Phone Info), what does it show on the Software line?

Treo600-1.12-ROW or Treo600-1.12-INT?

My guess is you'll have to use Tokenwriter to change ROW or INT to AWS, then try and re-run the 1.13 updater. You can find it over at mytreo.net

I think I mentioned this before (and this is just my assumption, not fact), but I don't think the different firmware versions are going to make any difference for signal strength, maybe it's just a bad radio in the phone.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    When the phone is on and you go to the phone info screen (Phone app -> Menu -> Options -> Phone Info), what does it show on the Software line?

Treo600-1.12-ROW or Treo600-1.12-INT?

My guess is you'll have to use Tokenwriter to change ROW or INT to AWS, then try and re-run the 1.13 updater. You can find it over at mytreo.net

I think I mentioned this before (and this is just my assumption, not fact), but I don't think the different firmware versions are going to make any difference for signal strength, maybe it's just a bad radio in the phone.
    Ok I will try Token Writer.. Will I be able to go back to the ROW Code if I want? Does Int or ROW mean my phone is UNLOCKED?

If I put the ATT code on will I be locked for good?
  4.    #4  
    Ok I got Token Writer to load but the software told me I was trying to load an older verison.. So I did a soft boot and went into the App menu and fired it up from there..

I am now at 3.06 and 1.13 AWS and most importantly... MY DAMN SIGNAL STRENGTH WENT UP!

So... This tells me that the ATT code either make the radio more sensitive..OR JUST LIES ABOUT THE SIGNAL STRANGTH BARS... What is it ATT???
    Good to hear, and good question
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    This may not be applicable to your question, but I found myself looking through this thread when I received a "general error updating device" message upgrading from 1.0 to 1.13. I remembered that I changed some of my hotsync defaults to "do nothing" to speed up my daily hotsyncs. I changed those back to "Synchronize" and then it updated fine.