Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Bye Jove! The pun was too good to pass up!
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    Quote Originally Posted by McTreo
    Bye Jove! The pun was too good to pass up!
    funny!
    Quote Originally Posted by JOVE
    What a lamo. ...
    And as for everyone else who don't know ...SHUT ... UP!!!
    From http://www.mobilepipeline.com/showAr...cleID=18401362
    The company cited strong sales of its Treo smartphone for helping it stem the tide. Overall, PalmOne said it sold about 938,000 units in the quarter
    ----
    Of the 938,000 units P1 sold in this quarter how many do you think were purchasec by TC members? There are 31,877 TC members. Even if we all bought a unit this quarted that would only be 3.4% If we all make a purchace just once a year then we are 1% of sales. But I think it is much less than that.

We can say what ever we want. No one is listening... So cool down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintTreo600
    IMHO that means that the drivers and cards have to be manufactured by the aforementioned third-party. Unfortunately, palmOne cannot control companies that do not belong to them, making these cards completely theoretical (for lack of a better word). palmOne has clearly not mentioned development by them either, ruling out the possibility there. So it is all speculation at this point for development on the 600, however with the 650 rolling out soon enough, there might not be any development on the 600. So my guess would be A) There is no "promise" for a WiFi or Bluetooth future for the 600 and B) Chances are there never will be now. Just my two cents, take it for what it's worth.
    This is such crap.

A marketing statement was made that Bluetooth and Wi-Fi will be available. What about this is ambiguous in the slightest?

The fact that it mentions a phantom third party is besides the issue at hand. If you dont know for 100% CERTAINTY that the card is developed and shipping, dont make the claim.

Bottom line -- Handspring lied to us to create more sales. This personally angers me, despite how good the phone is, and despite how much I like the company.
    The company cited strong sales of its Treo smartphone for helping it stem the tide. Overall, PalmOne said it sold about 938,000 units in the quarter
    You realize, of course, that PalmOne is NOT discussing sales to end-customers when they're talking about sales, right?
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 10/13/2004 at 05:07 PM. Reason: spell fix and added quoted text
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    wow jove. for a new TC member you sure are making friends fast. why don't you take your trash and go somewhere else.
    Jove is entitled to his opinion. If you don't want to hear from him put him on your ignore list.

I put Seldomvisitor on my ignore list and he finally shut up!

Rock on Jove!
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speclcajun
    Jove is entitled to his opinion. If you don't want to hear from him put him on your ignore list.

Rock on Jove!
    The complaint isn't about JOVE's opinions but his method of delivering them.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I didn't think I was a prophet. JOVE has been "banned", whatever that means.
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!

Rock on Jove!
    I have to agree with TxDot. SeldomVisitor and I have had some "sharp" exchanges, but its all in the content versus delivery. JOVE (or whatever he/she is now) goes out of the way to be profane. It's more than just an issue of putting someone on an ignore list.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Censorship.......
    isn't that how the nazis got started?

I don't agree with you ( isn't that great!) on this subject.
    I don't feel the need to curse in every sentence but I'm not going to tell someone else how to behave. He's a big boy, let him figure it out. If I don't like the cursing, I'll ignore him.
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    Censorship.......
    isn't that how the nazis got started?

I don't agree with you ( isn't that great!) on this subject.
    I don't feel the need to curse in every sentence but I'm not going to tell someone else how to behave. He's a big boy, let him figure it out. If I don't like the cursing, I'll ignore him.
    It's not really censorship. Jove can still say and write whatever he wants in public or the privacy of his own home. The TC powers that be are just banning him from saying any of it here.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    From http://www.mobilepipeline.com/showAr...cleID=18401362
    ----
    Of the 938,000 units P1 sold in this quarter how many do you think were purchasec by TC members? There are 31,877 TC members. Even if we all bought a unit this quarted that would only be 3.4% If we all make a purchace just once a year then we are 1% of sales. But I think it is much less than that.

We can say what ever we want. No one is listening... So cool down.
    But they ARE listening. That's why Sprint and P1 regularly lower the boom on this website and make TC do things like remove pictures of the Treo 650 from their own website against their will. Now THAT is censorship!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12