1.    #1  
    possible? what program can/should i use? if i can't play WMV files, what can i do to convert it to something that i *can* play? windows movie maker only saves to WMV....
    MMPlayer supposedly plays them. I would suggest staying away from WMV if at all possible. It is a proprietary format with many limitations IMO.
  3.    #3  
    ya i know it's not the greatest but ya gotta take what ya gotta take....the motorcycle races i watch are only available in WMV format.

hmm...i'll try MMP out see if it works. iwas under the assumption that it didn't....
    MMPlayer won't play WMV format. Anyone have luck finding a program that will on the Treo? I am looking one that can stream online. I have a friend who has lots of tv shows on WMV format one his Media Server. Looking into tapping it with my Treo on the road.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    this is where all palm apps come into a problem.
    no way to stream any windows media video format

would require giving microsoft a large $$$$$ to buy license to use wmv, etc.

you can stream mpeg via mmplayer. if you want to stream wmv you will have to get a ppc device. sorry this is drawback of palm system.
    thanks for your speedy response. my friend uses a smartphone with PPC. maybe I should get him to convert over to a Treo so he can start encoding xVid/mpeg. probably an easier solution.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    there are ways to play it on your treo - just convert it to xvid or divx or mpeg 1,2 or 4
    mmplayer will play those

kinoma is also a good converter you can try, last i tried it was free 2 week trial - give it a shot
    hey mackie, try dr. divix it will encode your wmv to avi you will have to view it on mmplayer kinda stupid you have to pay for two software titles but man its kool to watch movies on your t600 and also you may want to get a 60x sd card reader. like maybe 512 mb 0r a gig. good luck and if u have any problems feel free to email me i might be able to hook u up on one of the most expensive softwares. lestrada8@austin.rr.com
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    there are ways to play it on your treo - just convert it to xvid or divx or mpeg 1,2 or 4
    mmplayer will play those

kinoma is also a good converter you can try, last i tried it was free 2 week trial - give it a shot
    I have no problem converting them but I want to able to stream WMV files directly to my Treo online from his Media Server. This way I can access a vast library of files in real time (ie: update daily) on the go.
    Quote Originally Posted by redcap
    I have no problem converting them but I want to able to stream WMV files directly to my Treo online from his Media Server. This way I can access a vast library of files in real time (ie: update daily) on the go.
    Good advice...stay away from Microsuck...the WMV will only corrupt your Treo and ultimately bring your downfall....