1.    #1  
    Since I have a bunch of tunes loaded on my card, the reason I would want to listen to shoutcast is to catch my favorite talkshow on a local AM station. Is there a way to tune into a particular radio station and listen to it on my Treo 600 and if so how do I set it up? I have shoutcast on my PC and have it tuned to several music channels but can't see how to possible set it up on the phone.

Thanks for the insight.
  2.    #2  
    PS: I have Pocket Tunes Deluxe.
    Well, if you are able to listen to stations with winamp on your computer, you just need to put the link that winamp is using into pocket tunes.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by rucksdashel
    Since I have a bunch of tunes loaded on my card, the reason I would want to listen to shoutcast is to catch my favorite talkshow on a local AM station. Is there a way to tune into a particular radio station and listen to it on my Treo 600 and if so how do I set it up? I have shoutcast on my PC and have it tuned to several music channels but can't see how to possible set it up on the phone.

Thanks for the insight.
    Pocket Tunes natively supports MP3 streaming audio from www.shoutcast.com or www.treobits.com or www.di.fm.

Shoutcast streams contain metadata that will show the song title when playing in Pocket Tunes.

Icecast streams will play, but do not contain metadata, so song titles will not display.

ADVANCED

Streaming audio playlist links must be .pls or .m3u format.

You can manually enter http URL's in the "Choose Songs" (Actions menu/Open) Shoutcast file section.

Formats supported are:

Raw MP3 - similar to ShoutCast streams, but do not contain the imbedded metadata to display song titles. Websites that offer raw MP3 streams are supported.

Static MP3 - found on websites with a link to a specific MP3 file. Click the link or enter the URL manually in the "Choose Songs" (Actions menu/Open) Shoutcast file section.

Ogg streams - supported but only if the link ends in .ogg. Access these streams with the same method as Static MP3 links.

For more information, see the Pocket Tunes Knowledge Base available at http://www.normsoft.com/kb/
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Is there any way pocket tunes will work with slimserver software thanks jj
    Slimserver streams mp3, so it'll work with pocket tunes.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

7.    #7  
    On all the Clear Channel stations (which is most of them now) the "Listen Now" link takes you to a popup with the URL http://cc.liquidviewer.com with the private banner for that particular channel. How can I dial into the news channel for my hometown with these channels (which is NOT that clear at this point)?

Thanks
    It looks like Liquid Audio uses streaming WMA, so you won't be able to listen to it directly with the current version of Pocket Tunes.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mathews
    It looks like Liquid Audio uses streaming WMA, so you won't be able to listen to it directly with the current version of Pocket Tunes.
    So, is there any app that will or does P Tunes have any plans that anyone knows of to give us the apility to listen to our news channels?

Thanks