Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I am curious if those that have seen the Treo 650 might have also seen the docking cradle it ships with? Will the docking cradle recharge a spare battery at the same time as the Treo 650? My Kyo 7135 docking cradle allows for this, is this common? I hate to have to constantly swap batteries on the phone in order to keep multiple batteries charged...
    I doubt it will ship with a docking cradle :\
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    No treo model so far has come with a cradle. Just a charging cable, and seperate sync cable. You're paying extra (and quite a bit extra) for the cradle.
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Real-ity
    No treo model so far has come with a cradle. Just a charging cable, and seperate sync cable. You're paying extra (and quite a bit extra) for the cradle.
    quite a bit extra? the treo 600 cradle was only 17 bucks on buy.com.
    The retail for $29.95 or something like that.. Hopefuly the new cradles will be less, or at least the same price, and it only makes sense that it would be able to charge another battery..
    Quote Originally Posted by Real-ity
    You're paying extra (and quite a bit extra) for the cradle.
    The 600 cradles where like 13 bucks on ebay 8 months ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar99
    The 600 cradles where like 13 bucks on ebay 8 months ago
    True, but when the 600 first came out, the only cradle option available was direct from Handspring (PalmOne) and the price was quite high for something that should have been a standard accessory after paying in the area of $500 for the phone.

The lower prices didn't really hit ebay or buy.com until some time went by and other companies could compete with their own cradles.