1.    #1  
    How about putting a light sensor on the front for the Treo that would control the intensity of the screen and turn keyboard lighting on autmaticaly? My Bose CD player has this feature and it works just fine. At night the display turns dim, and if a light is turnned on the display gets bright. This would be simple for a coumputerised device.
    Try BrightCam (or what ever it is called now).

http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...etails&lid=236
  3.    #3  
    Cool thanks.
    Anyone use BrightCam? How well does it work? With the sensor (lens) on the back and keyboard on front I would think this would have problems.
    love it. donate and you'll get extra features!
    ditto.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Dafydd,

Thanks for the feature request. We'll make sure to rush this change in the design of the production version of the 650. If anyone else has any ideas, please let us know and we'll be happy to get them into the device.

Thanks,
    The PalmOne Treo 650 group.
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    sarcasm filter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    How about putting a light sensor on the front for the Treo that would control the intensity of the screen and turn keyboard lighting on autmaticaly? My Bose CD player has this feature and it works just fine. At night the display turns dim, and if a light is turnned on the display gets bright. This would be simple for a coumputerised device.
    Compaq had that "feature" on the early Compaq iPaq's, and the rage then was for software to turn it off. Maybe they've improved the sensors since then, but I think a quick button to turn it up or down would be more useful.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  9.    #9  
    Too late someone already fell in the sar-CHASM.
    I wonder if it is a point of no return?
    If you find Oblio down there, tell him he can go home now.
    T-mobile sidekick and sidekick II have that feature. I saw it on my girlfriend's device. Pretty nifty. When I get the 650 i will download that one that was posted. Good find!!!