1.    #1  
    EDIT: Razix changed his prices on the software to the point where he's not making a profit at the moment.

I was slightly out of line at posting a rant so prematurely.

Admins, if you would be as so kind, I would NOT have a problem with this thread being deleted.

Razix even gave me the original cost of the program back as a refund (after changing his price structure). ...a true business man. Keeping customers happy (even a sometimes-hothead like me). This thread seems to have become a black mark on a businessman that is unwarranted.

Shameless Plug: BUY FASTFORWARD. You won't be disappointed!
    Last edited by blacknoi; 10/13/2004 at 07:26 AM.
    i didnt announce anything yet.. so please dont jump to conclusions.. I was in the middle of developing the upgrade page when you saw it. There was no official announcement. The fact is you will get credit for the amount paid for v1.0 towards v2.0.

Also I ended up making $2/hr back on the time it took me to make FastForward v1.0 after all is said and done.. I developed v2.0 based on users requests and it took me twice as long as v1.0 to develop.. so if you dont respect that then dont pay for it.. thats all I have to say. With comments like this - I wont make any more programs for the palm as there is no reason to stay up late nights after working all day. Ill just keep my day job.
  3.    #3  
    Sorry to shout. I do appreciate the effort, but usually I see early adopters being rewarded with a discounted upgrade price.

With the price of the original cost and the upgrade, its either the same price, or more as a new user.
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknoi
    With the price of the original cost and the upgrade, its either the same price, or more as a new user.
    It will not be more than what a new user is paying. It will be the same price. It takes the price of v2.0 and subtracts the price you paid for v1.0. and thats your upgrade price.

Just so you know, I supported and will support every user 100% - I wrote 2 custom versions of FastForward to work on Verizon phones in which the customers had problems. These were rare issues that only affected 2 verizon customers out of many.

Most developers wouldnt go out of the way for 2 specific cases.

Anyway thanks for the appreciation and I feel I already gave the early adopters a discount by charging them $5.00 for the first 2 months for the original version (now $7.99)

take care,

Razix
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Razix,

Are the prices on your web site current, or are their still changes in the works? Also was wondering if "install over previous versions without losing reg. code" was fixed?

thanks
    Last edited by dwman; 10/12/2004 at 11:59 AM.
  6.    #6  
    Bought and paid for!

Edit, looks like paypal is messed up (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ebay_paypal_dc)

Razix, did my payment go through to you? Now I'm worried! No confirmation email that I sent a payment from Paypal. No confiramation from your site saying I paid (and NO new registration code).

ut oh!
    Last edited by blacknoi; 10/12/2004 at 12:07 PM.
    razix, does this software work with sprint cdma and like i have home telephone service with road runner with calls still go through. or do you have a disscussion page. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jasparks
    Razix,

Are the prices on your web site current, or are their still changes in the works? Also was wondering if "install over previous versions without losing reg. code" was fixed?

thanks
    I fixed the install over previous version problem in v2.0. As far as the prices they are correct.

Razix
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknoi
    Bought and paid for!

Edit, looks like paypal is messed up (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ebay_paypal_dc)

Razix, did my payment go through to you? Now I'm worried! No confirmation email that I sent a payment from Paypal. No confiramation from your site saying I paid (and NO new registration code).

ut oh!

Dont worry! I will check paypal right now and take care of you personally!
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lonnielove
    razix, does this software work with sprint cdma and like i have home telephone service with road runner with calls still go through. or do you have a disscussion page. thanks
    Yes it does work with Sprint/CDMA but you should still download and try it first to see if everything works for you and that you are happy with it.

as far as your second question - I do not know how your phone system is set up... but it should work - try it and see if it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasparks
    Are the prices on your web site current, or are their still changes in the works?
    After giving this much thought - I did end up lowering the prices for both the upgrade and v2.0. I figured since this is still in beta I will give all the early adopters a discount. Hell either way im not making any money on this so Id rather just have happy customers.
    All this crap over a $7.99 program??!!!

Razix I feel for you man. I have no use for your program as Sprint charges for forwarding but I have heard good things about it. Keep up the good work and dont let a few malcontents ruin your vision. Youre efforts are appreciated by the treo community.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I agree..... I have helped and beta tested a LOT of Palm applications and have most of the time not seen any discounts. The main reason I like to beta test and help out the developer is that I also get to give my 2c and usually get a lot of tweaks and features that I like implemented! Especially with good developers. Keep up the good work and I would not worry about the cost/early "adopter" Concerns.
    More importantly than the upgrade price is the fact that the beta does not work for me in Sydney Australia. Previous version worked just fine...waited quite a long time for this upgrade only to go backwards.

When the programs attempts to forward the calls, I get and error:

"Unable to forward call. check signal strenght. GSM."

Phone is on...nothing wrong with the signa. Switch back to FF 1.22 and all is fine again.

Russ
    ymmij - I will look into this.. remember this is a BETA VERSION! I did write this version from scratch, but I did use the same code for forwarding. Why is everyone so passionate over this product?

Woof, Macinfo - Thanks for the encouragment... I reading your posts made me feel better as I feel like everyone else is just attacking me after months of work for THEM!

I too think that FastForward is one of the best and one of the most under-rated programs on the Treo. It is just fantastic to be able to plug my phone into the cradle at home and have calls automatically transferred to my home!

Fast Forward should definitely be in the TOP 10 of TREO applications. No other program does what it does (and as you all know, we have enough programs that basically duplicate functions of other programs, maybe in a slightly different way).

Hey, the beta is looking really good. Exactly what I was looking for. I just registered then 2.0 version. Keep up the good work!

Mark
    9thTee / drrjv

I spent alot of time working on this and I am suprised by alot of reaction I am getting.

Anway Thank you guys for your support.. I appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    All this crap over a $7.99 program??!!!

Razix I feel for you man. I have no use for your program as Sprint charges for forwarding but I have heard good things about it. Keep up the good work and dont let a few malcontents ruin your vision. Youre efforts are appreciated by the treo community.
    Ditto!