1.    #1  
    This is from a news service I subscribe to:

Detwiler Mitchell comments on PLMO (PLMO) (29.99)
    The firm indicates FON's 40K Treo 650 order has been delayed by roughly 10 days with the potential for orders to reduced as a result. Detwiler also indicates Treo 600 sell through at T-Mobile and two major VZ regions have been disappointing.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff248
    Detwiler also indicates Treo 600 sell through at T-Mobile and two major VZ regions have been disappointing.
    Oh, now THAT'S a surprise!...
    No doubt sales have been disappointing. I WAS going to buy a 600 until I discovered the 650 was about to be released. How many of us are patiently (or not so patiently) waiting to purchase the 650?! I'd imagine sales will be sluggish for those who do their homework before making this kind of purchase. Oh well....the wait goes on....
    How about the thousands of people who decided to get there 600's elsewhere since Vz was so darn slow to release it? Do they think that they will suddenly jump ship, break a contract and buy a whole new phone just to be with them? That's crazy! Of course Vz sales are slow. Everybody who wanted one, got one 6 months before with somebody else!
    Exactly true! Exactly what I did... I went from Vz (after being with them for years) to SprintPCS (even dealt with slightly inferior voice reception) and I'm happy... I'll switch back if Vz's 650 comes to market first too!

Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    How about the thousands of people who decided to get there 600's elsewhere since Vz was so darn slow to release it? Do they think that they will suddenly jump ship, break a contract and buy a whole new phone just to be with them? That's crazy! Of course Vz sales are slow. Everybody who wanted one, got one 6 months before with somebody else!
    Galen & dstracks....yep...I totally agree. Verizon has missed the boat by their procrastination. I was waiting for my contract to expire at Verizon then jump ship to Sprint for the 600 until I heard Verizon was getting the 600. I waited for it and then in the mean time, heard about the 650. Now I'm waiting to see who will sell it first. Early bird will get my worm.....
    I don't know wether to hope Verizon gets the 650 or not. I'm so disgusted by their customer service, I'd like a good reason to go elsewhere. On the other hand, I do still have a while left on my contract with them. Either way, thanks to you guys and this awesome forum, I'm holding off on buying a T600 untill I see what happens... I hate waiting once I've found something I "need" though.