1. rrs
    Last night the Sundance Channel aired the Vote for Change concert live from Washington DC. Backstage, Michael Stipe of R.E.M. was using his Treo 600 while Peter Buck learned how to play Born to Run (R.E.M. joined Bruce Springsteen on stage for that song.)
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Sweet! I wouldn't have expected Michael Stipe to be a Treo user.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc
    Sweet! I wouldn't have expected Michael Stipe to be a Treo user.
    PalmOne distributed numerous TREO 600s to "celebrities" for free.
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 10/12/2004 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Fixed spelling - maybe!
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    PalmOne distributed numerous TREO 600s to "celebraties" (sp?) for free.
    Hey, I'm a celebrity! At least in my own mind. Where's my free Treo 650?
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    PalmOne distributed numerous TREO 600s to "celebrities" for free.
    Good thing too... REM's new album is so bad, I don't see how Stipe could have afforded the T600'd exhorbitant <ggg> price tag otherwise.
    Rock stars have lots of cash to buy good toys too. If it was a seeded unit it would have been given him a long time ago and he is still using it despite other meantime freebies. So either way, he is clearly a devotee of Treo.
    Well, based on that I may have to burn my Treo 600 along with all my Springsteen t-shirts. Why can't these jokers just play the f*$#@g music and stop telling young impressionable minds who to vote for?
  8. rrs
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmeister
    Well, based on that I may have to burn my Treo 600 along with all my Springsteen t-shirts. Why can't these jokers just play the f*$#@g music and stop telling young impressionable minds who to vote for?
    Maybe the "Stipe-inator" should run for governor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmeister
    Those jokers have the same rights to free speech as you and I.

Let's not derail this thread with political jabberwocky. I'll see you in the Off-Topic forum. ;->