Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Tonight, I was informed by a very reliable source, that the Treo 650 will begin shipping as soon as end of this week. If you had the chance to pre-order it (mainly corp. customers, but also some lucky stiffs from the general consumer market), you may actually have it in your hands by 10/22.

This may already have been reported, so sorry if I'm breaking old news. Until tonight, I had only heard of the Oct 25th intro date, with mid-Nov or Dec being the earliest that the average-Joe could get a hold of one.
    I love this confusion - lets go down to our knees and pray that jack you're the man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack45208
    Tonight, I was informed by a very reliable source, that the Treo 650 will begin shipping as soon as end of this week. If you had the chance to pre-order it (mainly corp. customers, but also some lucky stiffs from the general consumer market), you may actually have it in your hands by 10/22.

This may already have been reported, so sorry if I'm breaking old news. Until tonight, I had only heard of the Oct 25th intro date, with mid-Nov or Dec being the earliest that the average-Joe could get a hold of one.

----------------
    Can you tell us that much with out divulging your source?
    Well I sent in a email to sprintpcs:

My Question:

I have the Treo 600 and I would like to get the Treo 650 do you have an
    ETA when they will go on sale? now I hear a of an date of OCT 25th?
    if that's true cool and if so will it be on your web site First then you stores?
    or it will be at the same time ? any info will be nice thanks smile.gif and also
    what will be the price ? will it be the same as the treo 600? about $500??
    and will I still be able to use it on the same plan I have now?

And they replyed to me about the treo 650, here's what they had to say:

Thanks for writing to us regarding the new handset from Treo series.

We have not launched the Treo 650 model as of yet. The price can only
    be known when we have details for its availability. It will surely be
    an improvement over Treo 600. As of now, we plan to launch it by
    December, 2004 and not October ending, 2004.

We are rapidly launching new handsets and whenever it is launched, it
    will be notified by a high promotional campaign.

When it is launched, you can order the same by calling TeleSales at
    1-800-480-4727. They will surely send the handset as soon as possible.

We want to make sure that the handset works fine with the network so
    that there are no problems later on. It is better for us as we do not
    have to troubleshoot after the launch of handset and better for customer
    satisfaction.

Further, you can continue to be on the same basic plan. you will not be
    required to change the basic calling plan with the handset.

Thank you for understanding. Have a nice day.

Russel N.
    Sprint eCare
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight
    ...they replyed to me about the treo 650, here's what they had to say:

...As of now, we plan to launch it by December, 2004 and not October ending, 2004...When it is launched...They will surely send the handset as soon as possible...
    Note that "launch" and "shipping to end-customers" are not the same thing.

[BTW - for no good reason I happen to trust this purported quote of a Sprint PCS email more than the original post in this thread. But, as always, it is a PURPORTED quote. Some folks, as the Tungsten fake images show, go to a LOT of trouble sometimes to...well...fake it! Be Careful Out There!]
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    ----------------
    Can you tell us that much with out divulging your source?
    It was Sprint.
    what about GSM carriers??????
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    this could make a LOT of sense, if you think about it, especially after reading drdoom's "another nifty 650 confirmation" thread... here's why:
    if indeed Sprint was going to be the first carrier to offer the 650 - palmone may not wait until december to start shipping - due in part because of the Sprint/Audiovox PPC 6600 - which is also known as daxian, mdaIII, imate, etc. I think this PPC device is going to have the Largest impact vs Treo line, as the gsm version will have wifi and bluetooth, and the cmda version will have bluetooth and EVDO built in. if the 6600 is due to be available later this month (oct), that would put a lot of pressure on palmone to get orders ready for the 650. I know a *lot* of ppl who are interested in both devices, but both devices seem to still have their shortcomings. for all intensive purposes it looks like Sprint 650 won't have EVDO but the gsm version may have EDGE (but i'm cautioned at not relying on this as fact). if this is indeed true then it would make sense if Palmone wanted to up the release date to late oct, early nov, in order to coincide with release of audiovox ppc 6600. the gsm version of the ppc 6600, known as the t mobile mda III and Cingular siemens sx66 is not scheduled for release until after sprints version rolls out (and let it be known that verizon also plans to have this phone with evdo as well). my own thought is of course my prediction from way back in another thread of nov 1st, and perhaps the non camera model will be available in dec....thats how sprint plans the audiovox release...one version out in late oct, the other version out in dec...these are just my thoughts, but it could make plenty sense. here's hoping for the best
    There will be other competition for the Treo as well from SPCS, including Blackberry. See my poll...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=59422

I got a VERY similarly worded email back from SPCS that confirmed the Blackberry for November 2004, but skirted the Treo saying "nothing announced as of yet." They did use the EXACT same statement regarding a high profile marketing campaign. I guess I'll set my sights on January so I have some additional devices to consider...
    KitMoni
    I'm just shocked they acknowledged it's existence. If it were me, I'd be like, "I don't know this Treo 650 you speak of, but we do have the Treo 600 if you want that."
    corporate can't even preorder yet. so no clue what you're talking bout...
    interestingly, i was in a sprint store yesterday (to pick up a replacement treo300... trying to make it last until the 650 comes out). while they were looking my stuff up on the computer, i asked when they expected to have the treo650.

his answer was that they are not getting the 650, they are getting the treo700! and he did not claim to know much about when.

we'll know when we have one in our hot little hands, i think...
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  13.    #13  
    The confusion about when & who gets the 650 at launch, shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who's spent some time researching their beloved Treo's here at TC.

This link is a perfect example of what I'm pointing out here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=36829

The 600 was available through a "soft launch" prior to what was considered the rumored release date. I didn't work for a large corporation, but I bought five 600's on October 6th last year for the company I worked for at the time. Two days after placing my order, I had all three of them in my hands, and happily read the posts of the people on the TC forums STILL quoting the wrong info they heard or read in an eMail from some clueless CSR-- saying that there was no way it would be available until at least the 13th! Why do people give the store reps so much cred before a product launch, but completely slam them the rest of the time?

This is the best scoop I have to share & it's on par with dates we've seen on TC already. I can't give up any names, but a VERY trusted source [read: family member/relative who's an Exec. at one of the big companies we discuss here at TC & who I wouldn't want to embarrass by my giving them up here] has confirmed for me that 650's WILL ship to valued strategic corp clients ($$$) and others prior to the 22nd of this month.

Depending on how close a customer is to the warehouse from which their 650 is shipped, they may have them by as early as the 22nd, but it could be anywhere between the 25th. It would be a very long, agonizing weekend if mine isn't here until the 25th, knowing that some people got their 650's by 22nd! I'm hoping mine is here by the 22nd since I'm only about 90 minutes from where my 600's were shipped from.

Lastly, I'd stop worrying about a mid-December timeframe (if you're a Sprint customer) or whatever some floor-salesperson at BestBuy told you. Keep getting your info here at TC and you'll be fine.
    any chance you could share your purchase info with a friendly little trumpet player
    yeah, as dutch and I are treoless!!!!!!
    WITHDRAWAL!!!!!!
    Lastly, I'd stop worrying about a mid-December timeframe (if you're a Sprint customer) or whatever some floor-salesperson at BestBuy told you. Keep getting your info here at TC and you'll be fine.
    Jack,

Great news! Do you have any info regarding when GSM versions will be available? More specifically, do you know when PalmOne will have an unlocked GSM available for purchase?
    I don't think proximity to the warehouse has anything to do with when you will get a device. all of sprints fulfillment is handled by ups worldwide logistics. the dc is at their airhub at the louisville, ky and everthing I have ever ordered from spcs has always come ups next day.
    Carl
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    So has anyone tried to call Tele-Sales yet?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    If you have been able to "pre-order", "participate in a soft launch" or even "ORDER"; please post details of what number you called/how you navigated the phone tree and most of all what you had to say to get them to do it.

Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast