Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack45208
    Tonight, I was informed by a very reliable source, that the Treo 650 will begin shipping as soon as end of this week. If you had the chance to pre-order it (mainly corp. customers, but also some lucky stiffs from the general consumer market), you may actually have it in your hands by 10/22.

This may already have been reported, so sorry if I'm breaking old news. Until tonight, I had only heard of the Oct 25th intro date, with mid-Nov or Dec being the earliest that the average-Joe could get a hold of one.

all lies...I BUMPETH THEE...Oct 22 will come and go and yet still no Treo...(heh heh that rhymes)...
    If you have been able to "pre-order", "participate in a soft launch" or even "ORDER"; please post details of what number you called/how you navigated the phone tree and most of all what you had to say to get them to do it.

Yeah, what he said!
    What if you had wanted to pre participate in the soft launch but was caught up with a hard sell then would your options be to not participate at all or just poll for the post launch so that you can take part of the premarketing blitz that surrounds most of the launches without having to endure a small option to sell?
    Quote Originally Posted by mistertreo
    What if you had wanted to pre participate in the soft launch but was caught up with a hard sell then would your options be to not participate at all or just poll for the post launch so that you can take part of the premarketing blitz that surrounds most of the launches without having to endure a small option to sell?
    Man, that is too funny.

Nice play mistertreo!

Mike
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlGalgano
    I don't think proximity to the warehouse has anything to do with when you will get a device. all of sprints fulfillment is handled by ups worldwide logistics. the dc is at their airhub at the louisville, ky and everthing I have ever ordered from spcs has always come ups next day.
    I recall getting the 600 in Cincinnati within two days after it shipped, while clients of mine in Chicago received theirs about five days later. I assumed it was because Cincy's closer to Louisville than Chi-town, but they were told theirs were coming from KY also.

Guess we'll have to see how it pans out this time, I'll keep my fingers crossed
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by daygo718
    Jack,

Great news! Do you have any info regarding when GSM versions will be available? More specifically, do you know when PalmOne will have an unlocked GSM available for purchase?
    Sorry Daygo718, I didn't get any scoop on the GSM status. I'll keep my ears open & send anything I learn your way.
    God it's nice to live in Louisville and get next day service from Sprint....
    I don't have a smart phone, but since reading this forum for the last month I gotta have one NOW .
    I just got off the phone with two different Sprint telesales reps and the both said the samething. The 650 will be available in December. There is another post in this forum that shows the timeline for new phones by Sprint, and I'm begining to think that one is more factual. I'm not disin' you Jack45208 but your info isn't proving itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by emtnky
    God it's nice to live in Louisville and get next day service from Sprint....
    emtnky,

I live down the road from you in Elizabethtown.

Do you think we should go to the Sprint warehouse and wait outside the loading doors? I think it is near the airport.

Just kidding, but I have thought about it.

Russell
    I have a feeling it could be a long wait, I work for the University as a Technology Manager and I cannot even get a solid answer from my Sprint Rep about a release date for the Treo 650, although I was assured that as soon as they are released he would ship me some.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by GiggleBush
    I don't have a smart phone, but since reading this forum for the last month I gotta have one NOW .
    I just got off the phone with two different Sprint telesales reps and the both said the samething. The 650 will be available in December. There is another post in this forum that shows the timeline for new phones by Sprint, and I'm begining to think that one is more factual. I'm not disin' you Jack45208 but your info isn't proving itself.
    No prob GB.

I think everyone who makes a prediction knows there's a chance they're wrong. There's always the chance for P1 or Sprint to push the launch date wherever they want. I'm still sticking w/ my comments since I'm confidant it my source....
    I'm so sad....I need to stick with Verizon & all of this talk is about Sprint having the device first. Is everyone still hearing that VZW will have the 650 in November? Q2 of '05? I'm so depressed I am almost willing to go & buy a 600 today.
    Vivienne
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12