View Poll Results: Will You Upgrade To The Treo 650?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell Yeah!

52 57.14%
  • Naw, I'll wait

39 42.86%
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    I've read alot of posts in this forum talking about "I won't upgrade cause of this and that", or "I'm upgrading because of that and this". I'm curious to see with all the Treo 600 users how many will go out and get the 650, no matter what, and how many will say screw-it, I'll wait. Post your Vote "Yes", or "No"
    Last edited by djraw; 10/12/2004 at 12:53 AM.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    There should be an option 'no way' (if the spec is to be believed...)

The 270 to 600 was a massive leap - similar to man landing on and terra-forming Mars.
    The 600 to 650 is more like a hop - on par with man landing on the moon (but he did that some 40 odd years ago - allegedly - but that's another story ).

I love my Treo but the new 'features' on the 650 are not the features I would like to have seen (more memory, for one, is a big issue for me).
    Last edited by nzmoko; 10/12/2004 at 01:42 AM.
    www.gsmworld.com
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nzmoko
    There should be an option 'no way' (if the spec is to be believed...)

The 270 to 600 was a massive leap - similar to man landing on and terra-forming Mars.
    The 600 to 650 is more like a hop - on par with man landing on the moon (but he did that some 40 odd years ago - allegedly - but that's another story ).

I love my Treo but the new 'features' on the 650 are not the features I would like to have seen (more memory, for one, is a big issue for me).

Nice Point.
    It all depends on pricing. We don't even know the specs for sure yet. What if it comes out at $850 and doesn't have the new camera, and the bluetooth is "crippled" (as some suggest)? I'm thinking a lot less people click yes. However if comes out with all the best of the specs we've heard and supporting a wifi card for $399 (if you type in your Treo 600 serial number), you can bet more people will click yes -- especially if they can turn around and sell their Treo 600 for $250 or so on eBay.
    The treo 650 is not for the current treo 600 users - this was said by somebody on another thread. I'm inclined to believe him. The 650 seems to me, is something for the new recruits, those that didn't jump on the t600 bandwagon, like us. That's why it's such an incremental gadget, and not the mind-blowing thing it was supposed to be. I'll wait for the next leap, the one that will cater to us, the true believers (that's tongue-in-cheek guys, don't flame me )
    Quote Originally Posted by nzmoko
    The 600 to 650 is more like a hop - on par with man landing on the moon.
    Hey, what about us 180 users? We're still around, you know. And when we look at the specs on the 650, we start salivating!

So I wonder what metaphor would describe a leap to the 650 from a 180? Jupiter? Pluto? Alpha Centauri?

You folks with the 600s should consider yourselves lucky!
    IF the price is good enough(ie special deal for existing treo customers), and the battery proves to be more consistent than the 600 i will go for it. However i have my doubts that this is likely
    However, if you think about it, bluetooth, removable battery, 65k screen... sounds good no? Maybe if I could sell my t600 for a good price, I may change my mind. But dang, callfilter is the best reason for me not to "upgrade" at this point! If VWare comes up with a callfilter for the t650, that will be the clincher for me! What do you know, I'm a fanboy!
    High res and the continuing price dropping of SD cards are powerful reasons for me to upgrade. The combo means that I might be able to carry movies (even useful ones due to high res) and the like with me more easily. Bluetooth and removable battery at this time is useless to me unfortunately.

The faster processor seems nice, but I wonder if it's going to be so fast that it's overkill. I mean you can never have too fast, but I wonder if it's going to be like having a 3.2 Ghz processor just to read files in Notepad.
    probably not...right now i have been waiting and eyeing the Nokia 9500b Communicator..aka "The Brick"
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manilenio
    The treo 650 is not for the current treo 600 users - this was said by somebody on another thread. I'm inclined to believe him. The 650 seems to me, is something for the new recruits, those that didn't jump on the t600 bandwagon, like us. That's why it's such an incremental gadget, and not the mind-blowing thing it was supposed to be.

That's the best statement I've heard yet about this whole T600/T650 situation. Well said. I agree with manilenio 100%. I'm gonna get it no matter what it costs, no matter if it's got wi-fi or not. I'm never in coffee shops or airports or Kinko's for that matter. The better screen and the answer and end buttons and bluetooth are enough for me. If it has the MP camera that's cool, if not I can live without it.
  12. pan
    I'll probably upgrade if I can sell my 600 on ebay and get the new phone for what I sell the old one for +$100 or so. Hopefully there will be an "upgrade" price like was done for the 600.

Now, I doubt this is really possible so I'll probably pass. The only thing I'd use og thr 650 over the 600 is the high res screen. Especially if the bluetooth is locked down to only handsfree profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by manilenio
    The treo 650 is not for the current treo 600 users - this was said by somebody on another thread. I'm inclined to believe him. The 650 seems to me, is something for the new recruits, those that didn't jump on the t600 bandwagon, like us. That's why it's such an incremental gadget, and not the mind-blowing thing it was supposed to be. I'll wait for the next leap, the one that will cater to us, the true believers (that's tongue-in-cheek guys, don't flame me )

They should have called it the Treo 600.1
    Last edited by AndrewTreo; 10/14/2004 at 02:52 PM.