"*****, you are absolutely correct! I checked the inventories section
    and found that the Treo 650 handset is scheduled to be launched by
    Sprint by the end of December 2004. This phone will have two versions,
    one with the camera and the other without the camera. However, as of
    now I will not be able to provide you the details of this product or the
    pricing, as it is not available to us too. Be assured that once this
    phone is launched, it will be available on our Web site. Anytime, you
    can visit our Web site at http://www.sprintpcs.com . "

hmmm... interesting. i was hoping for an earlier date but this will have to do. at least be sure to have the money for it when it hits the stores.
    that is exactly what sales told me today too...
    Wow, wonder why, with the ppc6600 comming out near the end of this month, palmone is going to be losing a chunk of money on this one.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

You mean there won't be another "high profile promotion?" I thought that all emails to Sprint about new products had that line inserted automatically by their email server.
    Must be true. I went to the Sprint store today and they said that the launch of Tre 650 had been delayed. They were supposed to go to Treo 650 training this past weekend but it was not scheduled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx
    Must be true. I went to the Sprint store today and they said that the launch of Tre 650 had been delayed. They were supposed to go to Treo 650 training this past weekend but it was not scheduled.
    The rep I spoke to when I visted a Sprint store on another issue said they were trained on the 650 in June.
    So Palm is releasing it on Oct. 25, but Sprint won't have it until December? Won't they launch it as a CDMA device first anyway? Maybe theyre just telling everyone that to bump up some 600 sales.
    Wondering if the delay is due to product testing still showing issues with device? Or is Sprint slowly building up inventory as they get ready to drop the price of the Treo 600....Anyone heard anything from other carriers? GSM or CDMA?
    SGnSD
    Quote Originally Posted by MercuryMan
    Wondering if the delay is due to product testing still showing issues with device?
    That is what I was told yesterday by a rep at one Sprint store in Northern Virginia. But he didn't have any details.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I was just downstairs commiserating with my Verizon rep's boss about how much money I lost at Blackjack(I'm in Vegas on a contest payoff from Radioshack). I told him I was trying to win enough money to buy the new Treo, and he grinned and said "Yep, tomorrow's the day" and I said "What? You mean it launches tomorrow?!?!?" and he said "Yes." I was so blown away by this, and the amount of money I had just lost (it was disgusting) so I didn't press him any further. No idea how he came by that info, and no idea if its true, and no idea if that means Verizon's gonna launch it right off the bat. There you have it. Guess we'll see what that's worth in a couple hours.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    would be a novelty, launch on a friday - would mean a terrible weekend for countless addicts - two days news blackout before mondayyyy ...
    Today is Thursday.
    almost 99% of all sprint reps is saying the samething. 2 models of the treo (with and without cam) will be out in december. so i guess that means....
    my predicted date of 1-5-2005 in the treocentral release date quizzie is looking better all the time
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    As is mine of February 2005...
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    I was just downstairs commiserating with my Verizon rep's boss about how much money I lost at Blackjack(I'm in Vegas on a contest payoff from Radioshack). I told him I was trying to win enough money to buy the new Treo, and he grinned and said "Yep, tomorrow's the day" and I said "What? You mean it launches tomorrow?!?!?" and he said "Yes." I was so blown away by this, and the amount of money I had just lost (it was disgusting) so I didn't press him any further. No idea how he came by that info, and no idea if its true, and no idea if that means Verizon's gonna launch it right off the bat. There you have it. Guess we'll see what that's worth in a couple hours.
    Don't know if this guy was blowing smoke up your rear door Dr Doom but wouldn't it be something if VZW was the first to Launch the 650.
    Just talked to 2 diff sales reps and called them on 2 diff 866 lines and they both said the samething. The 650 will be available in Dec, no pre-orders will be made, no further info. So it looks like Zeos is the real deal.

Thankx ZEOS
    Let's hope this will give them enough time to get 64MB in the thing.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    blah blah blah i love how everyone "confirms" the release date when others "speculate" it may be launched earlier. i should start a new thread: WINNING POWERBALL NUMBERS. it's all speculation. sprint reps usually know nothing, a verizon business rep may just be trying to sell old 600 stock instead of letting on that the 650 is on its way, AT&T and Cingular may release it before sprint , who knows? all i can say is, when you call sprintpcs, DO NOT listen to sales reps. seriously. i have yet to talk to one who knows really what they are talking about. if you want some information, but i cant guarantee it's 100% reliable, goto howardforums.com or sprintpcsinfo.com. those people are more often right than not. but delays come everyday. i'd like to see how many of you would believe a REP who says the camera on the 650 is VGA even though the back of the 650 says 1.3MP. please. lets not quote scripture lets just wait and see. it is PAINFUL that they won't announce anything though, but who knows. 64mb would be nice, but i still dont think it's enough, and i'm not holding my breath. they still plan for it to be a 1 year phone! EVDO....HELLO...can you hear me now?! isn't the treo 600 endlife nov 1?
    So I guess basically we don't know ANYTHING except that the Treo650/Ace exists? Everything else is just speculation & what was on the prototypes that were sent out for Beta-testing?

Wow.
    <a href=http://www.floydpinkerton.net>My Homepage</a><br>
    <a href=http://www.totaldialup.net>TotalDialup.com</a> My business<br>
    <a href=http://www.coverupsounds.com>Coverupsounds.com</a> (my small contribution)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast