Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    What's the hype about the Garnet OS?
  2. #2  
    I think it multitasks better as well as handles things like wifi and bluetooth better. In short, new OS equals better.
  3. ls3mach's Avatar
    Posts
    659 Posts
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    #3  
    Nothing, Garnet is what you are using on the Treo 600 right now. Cobalt on the otherhand is a whole different beast.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    I think it multitasks better as well as handles things like wifi and bluetooth better. In short, new OS equals better.
    Maybe... or maybe not. Since no one has actually released device with the new OS, about the only thing we know is new OS equals different.
  5. #5  
    Its name.
  6. #6  
    Better Outlook Syncing

    A lot of my contacts addresses don't even appear cause they are personal. Also some phone numbers don't appear.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    Nothing, Garnet is what you are using on the Treo 600 right now. Cobalt on the otherhand is a whole different beast.
    Yeah that trick question got me. So what's the increase from 5.2 to 5.4, except maybe Outlook syncing as someone suggested?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    Yeah that trick question got me. So what's the increase from 5.2 to 5.4, except maybe Outlook syncing as someone suggested?

    I dont believe we will know untill the 650 is released. Other then better outlook support...I suspect your run of the mill bug fixes.
  9. #9  
    Yep bug fixes. And if I learn Chinese it looks like I'm in luck with that too. Time to break open the fortune cookies. I can't control my excitement.

    http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=6474
  10. #10  
    Great statistics in regular season and post season, ability to play all five positions, leadership, youth, championship focus....thats whats great about Garnett [Kevin Garnett].

    :-)
    kaisersouse
    "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
    --Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistertreo
    What's the hype about the Garnet OS?
    As with all new versions of Palm OS, broken and orphan applications. It is almost never the case that the new capabilities are worth the grief. They cannot seem to leave well enough alone.
  12. #12  
    The capabilities are most definitely known. The Garnet simulator has been available for download from PalmSoure's developer site since december.
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistertreo
    What's the hype about the Garnet OS?
    New updated PIMs, probly better bluetooth and wifi software and drivers though i cannot conferm that.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

    Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

    Twittering about
  14. #14  
    Oh I hope for better wifi drivers that we'll never see as Treo owners

    I'll stick to my link of Chinese and bug fixes (i.e. a year of nothing that's progress to mainsteam users)

    Go Firefox!!!
  15. Iceman6's Avatar
    Posts
    463 Posts
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by kaisersouse
    Great statistics in regular season and post season, ability to play all five positions, leadership, youth, championship focus....thats whats great about Garnett [Kevin Garnett].

    :-)
    kaisersouse
    word
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    Yeah that trick question got me. So what's the increase from 5.2 to 5.4, except maybe Outlook syncing as someone suggested?
    the calender got it's own start/today page....

Posting Permissions