1.    #1  
    Hi all. I recently purchased the Seido 2 in 1 Headset in order to listen to MP3s and movies on my Treo.

http://store.treocentral.com/accesso...ew.php?a_id=45

Unfortunately, I can only call my current performance as dismal at best. I have all my MP3s encoded at at least 128. It sounds ok at medium volumes, but terrible at higher volumes. The music distorts to a point of just being downright unlistenable. Also, I spend lots of time commuting on noisy trains/subways every day and I really need something that can put out a decent bit of volume.

That being said, I've found the headset more than adequate for phone calls. It's kind of nice having the phone in both ears to drown out the rest of the world.

I have been thinking about buying the Seido 2 in 1 Adapter to see if this would remedy the problem. That is this:

http://store.treocentral.com/accesso...ew.php?a_id=48

So, you see you can plug in any set of headphones you like.

So, what I'm wondering is, do you think this will solve my problem? Am I going to find a new pair of headphones will fix either the volume or the distortion issue?

I am concerned that the headset isn't the problem and that the Treo might just not be powerful enough to create the volume levels I need while still remaining clear. In any event, I'd be interested to know what anyone else here has found useful. Particularly, I use an iPod right now every day and would like to know if anybody has been able to get that level of performance out of their Treo using pTunes. Thanks a lot in advance.
    It's the headphones. I have the 2 in 1 adapter and use some slightly higher-end headphones (Koss Titanium) and the sound is perfect. I usually have the 2x boost set in ptunes. I also use the Centrios (Radio Shack), Noise Cancelling Headphones, and they are even better, but I usually use them only on airplanes. Needless-to-say, the better the headphones, the better experience you will have.

I have put my iPod away, since I now have the same level of performance (and the price of 1 GB cards have dropped).

A couple bonus items about the adapter is the ability to plug in powered speakers and an FM Transmitter for a hands free speakerphone experience in the car.

Palmlover
    I love the 2in1 adapter with my own headphones. Bump the volume up in P-tunes and rock away. I use +6dB (4X) to good efffect. There is an equalizer that may also help you boost things up. Have fun