Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just got an email from my corporate office on high-end PDA/Phones we're going to be carrying. And I quote...
    "We will bring in three new high-end Sprint handsets in the next few weeks (we wanted to roll them out at the same time we rolled out the Verizon high-end phones, but we couldn’t get them in time). The Treo 650, Samsung i600, and Audiovox PPC6600 will all be available using the same fax-in process we use for the Verizon phones and will sell for between $599 and $699 before whatever rebates Sprint puts on them."
    Just thought I'd let you guys know. If my company expects to have them soon, then the roll-out is NOT far away. I have never seen us roll-out a product when we weren't sure we would get it.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    is the I600 already out???
    Would that be a big company that you work for? Fortune 500 type?
  4.    #4  
    Yeah, its RadioShack.
    It'll be fun.
    I thought the I600 was out already too. Maybe they mean the Samsung I550.
    DrDoom...any chance that's the i550? That's the one my wife if drooling over.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    DrDoom...any chance that's the i550? That's the one my wife if drooling over.
    the samsung i550 is very nice, but from what i read, it is only dual band. it wont work well in the States. hopefully with the CDMA version of 650 coming out soon, the gsm version is not far behind
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    the samsung i550 is very nice, but from what i read, it is only dual band. it wont work well in the States. hopefully with the CDMA version of 650 coming out soon, the gsm version is not far behind
    It most certainly IS analog... Were'd you get that idea?
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    The i550 is dual band: CDMA and AMPS. This will work very well in the States, since CDMA is available in all cities and along all interstates, and AMPS may be available in more rural parts of your state where CDMA isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman6
    The i550 is dual band: CDMA and AMPS. This will work very well in the States, since CDMA is available in all cities and along all interstates, and AMPS may be available in more rural parts of your state where CDMA isn't.
    my fault, i thought you were talking about the gsm i550. my bad
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Yeah, its RadioShack.

I thought Radio Shack was not going to carry the Treo 650? They do not carry the Treo 600.
    my fault, i thought you were talking about the gsm i550. my bad
    That would be the i530 then...
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx
    I thought Radio Shack was not going to carry the Treo 650? They do not carry the Treo 600.
    Indeed - RadioShack of some ilk said the TREO 600 was beyond their customer set (too high priced and specialty) (*).

------

(*) At least according to some post either here or on Yahoo that addressed the 600.
    thunder god, love the sig and the avitar, i miss my 3
    i talked to sprint today, the good news was the 650 was in his computer, the bad news was it said december for a release. the lg 325 and ppc 6601 are slated for mid/late oct. the i600 is released.
    I can't decifer the intital statement by DrDoom. It sounds as if Verizon won't be too far behind Sprints release of the the 650???? Am I reading things or just hoping too much VZW won't be a year behind everyone else?!?!?
  16.    #16  
    First, I wouldn't read that quote to mean that VZW is going to carry the 650 soon, just that we (Radioshack) wanted to launch the Sprint high-end phones the same time as the VZW ones we carry. Second, SELDOM, we DO carry the 600. The SKU is 17.2901. Its special order via a fax setup we have on a per customer basis. Honestly, where do come up with this stuff, and how do you sleep at night?
    It'll be fun.
    Unlike you I supply a verifiable source for the information I post - read my post again.

[and, of course, you confirmed that Radioshack indeed does not carry the TREO line - being able to order from Sprint via Radioshack isn't "carrying" it - and, no, that certainly is NOT a nit-pick!]
  18.    #18  
    A vague reference to a post on Yahoo? That's verifiable? Seldom, you're slipping in your old age. Tsk, tsk. Not to mention the phrase "Radioshack of some ilk" doesn't even make sense.
    The bottom line is if you go to Yahoo, search for posts about the 'shack, you a very LARGE number of responses. I suppose if one had theĢ
    It'll be fun.
  19.    #19  
    A vague reference to a post on Yahoo? That's verifiable? Seldom, you're slipping in your old age. Tsk, tsk. Not to mention the phrase "Radioshack of some ilk" doesn't even make sense.
    The bottom line is if you go to Yahoo, search for posts about the 'shack, you find a very LARGE number of responses. I suppose if one had theĢf one had the time, one could EVENTUALLY verify that, but then again, if one wrote a paper on cannibalism in Phoenix, Arizona, and referenced a "book at the library" someone could eventually reference that too!
    It'll be fun.
  20.    #20  
    Seldom, we do not "order from Sprint" as you put it. We (Radioshack) own a small quantity of 600's that are in our (Radioshack's) warehouse. When a customer would like one, they pay for it, we (Radioshack)fax the ticket into one of our (Radioshack's) employee's offices in our (Radioshack's) corporate headquarters and she has our (Radioshack's) warehouse deliver our (Radioshack's) Treo 600 to our (Radioshack's) store for the customer. We do this to avoid having large quantities of 600's sitting in stores who won't sell them, like was the case on the 300 in many locations. Do I like it? No, at my store we had sold a ton of 300's and I knew we could have sold the 600 better if we'd had it, in store, but what are you going to do? Now, Seldom, where did Sprint come into that ordering process again?
    It'll be fun.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast