Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So...late December is now "a few weeks" away?
  2.    #22  
    Late December? Did you get that from the same vague Yahoo! post? While neither one of us is going to win the "when will it come out" argument with the proof we have, two things tend to lean me towards a few weeks rather than "Late December". Well, three actually. 1. There have been a number of signs pointing toward a release soon (i.e. prototypes being out, pictures released, emails from THIRD party vendars claiming they'll have it in a "few weeks". All you've got is a Sprint computer saying "late December" and I trust those about as far as I do their CSR's.2. This matches the time frame for the 600 very closely, and I believe it will continue to do so.3. I seem to remember you being very obnoxious last time that the 600 would never come out on time, and it did. Let it go, Seldom. The vague excuses you've given about your interest in this subject being related to owning shares is long past ridiculous. If you haven't sold those shares by now, with all the mistakes you claim they've made, then you DESERVE to lose a ton of money! Face it, you my friend are a troll. Granted, a troll that amuses me, but a troll nonetheless.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Late December? Did you get that from the same vague Yahoo! post?
    No, I got it from here:

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...15&postcount=4

and other recent posts on TreoCentral noting the "latest rumored 'launch' date".
    is a troll the same thing as a hobbit? if so, mr visitor, do you know sam wide gangi?
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    I visited a local RadioShack today and the sales rep hadn't heard of the 650 or even the 600. When he called his higher ups, they did acknowledge that the Treo 650 would be coming down the pipes in a few weeks. They would not give out an SKU # or any release date. They wouldn't let me put a deposit on it either.

Good news nonetheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by 98GSR
    I visited a local RadioShack today and the sales rep hadn't heard of the 650 or even the 600. When he called his higher ups, they did acknowledge that the Treo 650 would be coming down the pipes in a few weeks. They would not give out an SKU # or any release date. They wouldn't let me put a deposit on it either.

Good news nonetheless.
    Do you really trust his "higher ups" when the clerk didn't even know the 600 exists?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    all day its treo ace, treo 610 or treo 650. which one is it and how do i get one now. im on vzw (business customer). can someone shed some light on where to call to order... had such a time getting the 600 from business dept just before it launched. please feed me!
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    No, I got it from here:

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...15&postcount=4

and other recent posts on TreoCentral noting the "latest rumored 'launch' date".
    And that's really the get to this:

Some random e-mail by some random person to some random Sprint rep counts for nothing. I could easily point to many e-mails saying Oct 22 or 25 (including sources like CNET and please no semantic debate about "launch", "release", etc. as Seldom's been known to do). We are getting some information from a trusted sourse (Dr. Doom was right about the Treo 600), thus the burden of proof is on proving why it's not a Sprint flyer that says December (everyone's cited that flyer or a CS rep for that date, while equal numbers dispute it).
    Quote Originally Posted by OVRSPEND
    all day its treo ace, treo 610 or treo 650. which one is it and how do i get one now. im on vzw (business customer). can someone shed some light on where to call to order... had such a time getting the 600 from business dept just before it launched. please feed me!
    I understand you are a newbie, but please read a few posts here. No one knows it's name and what carriers it might come out on -- much less where to call and order.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    And that's really the get to this:

Some random e-mail by some random person to some random Sprint rep counts for nothing. I could easily point to many e-mails saying Oct 22 or 25 (including sources like CNET and please no semantic debate about "launch", "release", etc. as Seldom's been known to do). We are getting some information from a trusted sourse (Dr. Doom was right about the Treo 600), thus the burden of proof is on proving why it's not a Sprint flyer that says December (everyone's cited that flyer or a CS rep for that date, while equal numbers dispute it).
    hopefully the gsm version wont be that far behind then---
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    I can't possibly wait until December. My Acura TL is dying to mate with a new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Argelius
    I can't possibly wait until December. My Acura TL is dying to mate with a new phone.
    ewww!!! info overload... La La La!!! BTW, I love the avatar youve got...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    unfortunately i've been in sales rep la-la land with sprint (it seems like every one of my cool reps decided to leave the company) so the new guy i have isn't as "new-skool" as i'd hoped (my previous reps would have one in my hand already), and he pointed to a late q4 release (launch, whatever) however he did mention trying to get them in our hands before or as soon as they are out. i will try to work my sources for more information.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    I just posted this on another similiar thread......I dropped my local Radio Shack today, where I know the manager on a personal basis and since they have already confirmed that they will be carrying the 650 I asked him if he had heard anything knew about a release date. He said that the latest memo he received stated the first week in November for Sprint. They currently are not accepting any preorders and did not have a confirmation on the price, but with recent lower priced PDA phones being released they were expecting a launch price somewhere around $400-450.

For what it is worth, thought I would pass it along.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    If the price is $450 I'll buy three!!!!!!!!!!!!111
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    .......they were expecting a launch price somewhere around $400-450.
    He did not say so, but this maybe the contract price. So the phone may actually sell for $550 with a $100-150 instant rebate if you sign another 2 yr contract with Sprint.
  17.    #37  
    That IS a contract price. The phone is actually going to retail for $599.99 at the 'shack. The Kyocera 6035 did. The Samsung I300 did. The Treo 300 did. The Treo 600 did, and I GUARANTEE the 650 will. Radioshack doesn't make much (read:ANY) money off upgrades, so we don't give much incentive for them. Still, as much as I love my company I wasn't trying to convince you guys to buy them from us, just using this info as an example that the phone will be out soon. Radioshack just doesn't make announcements about upcoming product unless we're sure. That's the way we are. Oh, and Kenundrum?
    Samsung I300-Paid for by Sprint reps
    Treo300-Paid for by Sprint reps
    Treo 600- Paid for by Sprint reps
    UNLIMITED monthly plan-Paid for by Sprint reps
    Working for Radioshack? FRIGGIN' PRICELESS!!!!;-)
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    He did not say so, but this maybe the contract price. So the phone may actually sell for $550 with a $100-150 instant rebate if you sign another 2 yr contract with Sprint.
    same price range as MPX 220 almost
    Naveen

Next Phone:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12