1.    #1  
    Hi All,

My Treo 600 constantly crashes when I use the standard SMS application on Sprint's network. Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks.

Maclarensf
    What firmware are you using?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maclarensf
    Hi All,

My Treo 600 constantly crashes when I use the standard SMS application on Sprint's network. Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks.

Maclarensf
    Mine started doing the same thing today...The phone resets itself for no apparent reason. I have the latest 1.20 update
    make sure you dont have Texter. That will cause soft resets
    "I have to return some videotapes."
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasparks
    Mine started doing the same thing today...The phone resets itself for no apparent reason. I have the latest 1.20 update
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDaddeo6
    make sure you dont have Texter. That will cause soft resets
    This really sucks. My Palm must have (soft)rebooted 20 times this weekend while I was texting and IMing friends. Ahhhh!

I've only done the Sprint updates so far, which have all be pushed to my phone. Is that the 1.20 update you mentioned or do I need to get something from Palm? What's "Texter"?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    This really sucks. My Palm must have (soft)rebooted 20 times this weekend while I was texting and IMing friends. Ahhhh!

I've only done the Sprint updates so far, which have all be pushed to my phone. Is that the 1.20 update you mentioned or do I need to get something from Palm? What's "Texter"?

Thanks!
    I just had a soft reset when receving a picture mail(sprint). When I hit ##377 to check for the error, it said Treohelper was the culprit. Just got another SMS after disabling treohelper and no reset. Hope this helps.

Forgot to mention, I also had the push update to my phone as well(not a 1.20 update). Not really sure what it did, but Sprint said it was more of a test on their end.
    Last edited by dwman; 10/18/2004 at 06:21 PM.
  7.    #7  
    I just had a soft reset when receving a picture mail(sprint). When I hit ##377 to check for the error, it said Treohelper was the culprit. Just got another SMS after disabling treohelper and no reset. Hope this helps.

Forgot to mention, I also had the push update to my phone as well(not a 1.20 update). Not really sure what it did, but Sprint said it was more of a test on their end.
    So typing ##377 gives you an error log? What is "Treohelper" and how does that apply to this situation? Thanks.

:.)
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    So typing ##377 gives you an error log? What is "Treohelper" and how does that apply to this situation? Thanks.

:.)
    ##377 only works with Sprint. 377 works on other t600's, but with other chracters in front. **,#*...etc. Do a search...not sure what applies to what.

Treohelper is program originally designed for the old treo line, but some people here use it to "push" their snappermail via an sms trigger. Never quite figured out how to use it myself, but once I disabled it, no more problems. Seeing as you haven't heard of it, guess that's not the cause for you. Try disabling any other apps that may use the SMS feature.
  9.    #9  
    ##377 only works with Sprint. 377 works on other t600's, but with other chracters in front. **,#*...etc. Do a search...not sure what applies to what.

Treohelper is program originally designed for the old treo line, but some people here use it to "push" their snappermail via an sms trigger. Never quite figured out how to use it myself, but once I disabled it, no more problems. Seeing as you haven't heard of it, guess that's not the cause for you. Try disabling any other apps that may use the SMS feature.
    I tried ##377 and received this message on the screen:
    "A reset was caused on 10/17/04 at 9:17am while running "Phone":
    MemoryMgr.c, Line:3760, Invalid chunk ptr"

Ok...Please repeat that in English... ;.)
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Not sure. Could be your device....anyone else know what the above error means?
    My SMS crashes all the time, and I have yet to install the 1.20 updater. Go figure!