Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    You reported what you assumed to be correct based on your observation at the store and a lot of people took it as absolute fact, which is their fault not yours.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Dutch, I had a prism for a long time and cannot remember what the resolution was. Can you tell me how the 650 compares to the prism? I remember it touting 65,000 colors but I do not remenberwhat the res formula was.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I was wrong. I am sorry . That is as clear as I can be.
    No soup for you!
    Mad Monkey...did you read my posts. I AM SORRY. I SAW NO OPTIONS FOR A HIGHER RESOLUTION AND WAS TOLD BY THE GUY THAT HAS USED THAT 650 FOR TWO WEEKS THAT IT WAS VGA. I POSTED THAT IT WAS VGA. I WAS WRONG.
    Ha ha that was funny. I like the all caps I don't think you detected the sarcasm in my post. Maybe I placed Mr. Winky in the wrong spot? I was actually making fun of the people making fun of you--I've seen you apologize for getting 1 out of 10 things wrong in like 5 different threads now. That or I have a vendetta against trumpet players. I played the trombone in elementary school, but the dang trumpet and sax players kept getting all the ladies
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    LOL...sorry i didn't mean to sound that irritated...or did I?
    I guess its just the use of the language...But you guys got my point huh?
    I will TRY and refrain myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOVE
    LOL...sorry i didn't mean to sound that irritated...or did I?
    I guess its just the use of the language...But you guys got my point huh?
    I will TRY and refrain myself.

Now that's nice.....next time we'll have to send you over to the timeout corner
    Quote Originally Posted by MAdMoNKEY
    Ha ha that was funny. I like the all caps I don't think you detected the sarcasm in my post. Maybe I placed Mr. Winky in the wrong spot? I was actually making fun of the people making fun of you--I've seen you apologize for getting 1 out of 10 things wrong in like 5 different threads now. That or I have a vendetta against trumpet players. I played the trombone in elementary school, but the dang trumpet and sax players kept getting all the ladies
    Hey MM, I played the sax. Where were all the ladies??? I guess I was just a looser.
    Is too.
    Is not.
    Is too!
    Is not!
    IS TOO!
    IS NOT!
    IS TOO!
    IS NOT!

BTW, I heard they can't get BT to work, so they're pulling it out. And the high-res screen's buggy, so they're sticking with 160 x 160 (who needs 320 x 320 with a VGA camera, anyway?)

They've also decided to rename it. Yep, Treo 600.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyazz
    Hey MM, I played the sax. Where were all the ladies??? I guess I was just a looser.
    I should have stuck to the recorder.
    I guess I had my guard up. I was excited to finally have something cool to share with this AWESOME community. My wife already gave me enough of a hard time for going an hour out of my way to see it on vacation Can't wait till we all have one. Usually I have a quick eye for sarcasm.
    I guess I had my guard up. I was excited to finally have something cool to share with this AWESOME community. My wife already gave me enough of a hard time for going an hour out of my way to see it on vacation Can't wait till we all have one. Usually I have a quick eye for sarcasm.
    Hey Dutch, I appreciate the effort even if others don't.

Well, since you were in Chatanooga, did you stop by the Tow Truck Hall of Fame there? One of the best attractions in all of Tennessee
    Be sure to apologize to your wife.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty4
    I'm So Unpopular - How much ram did the device have?
    Hey man, you're not so bad.
    This is all so funny I almost forgot we are still waiting for the Treo 650. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyazz
    guess I was just a looser.
    Yeah I guess so. Obviously you've never read my signature!
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    I was wrong. I am sorry . That is as clear as I can be.

No big deal Dutch,

I am glad you were wrong! (if you were)

Do we have proof that you were wrong? Anyway this is one big lesson. We have to wait until it comes out to see what the real deal is............
    Perhaps you have all seen that Treonauts is indicating the 650 will have

"A much better 1.3 megapixel camera + video recording"

Sorry if this was already posted in another forum - I did not have time to scan them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by joej
    Perhaps you have all seen that Treonauts is indicating the 650 will have

"A much better 1.3 megapixel camera + video recording"

Sorry if this was already posted in another forum - I did not have time to scan them all.
    Thanks Joej, no I don't think that has been mentioned on this thread

Dutchtrumpet, I for one would like to thank you for your report. Who's to say the unit you saw wasn't a prototype/pre-production unit used just for network testing? It's not uncommong for manufactuers to have several prototype runs for testing. It is possible that the cameras between the T600/650 are interchangable (from an assembly standpoint) and to save money on a prototype run retrofit a T600 camera on a T650 pre-production unit. Or it may be that the supply of 1.3MP cameras was not available for that particular run of prototypes.

This could also explain the different colored units we have seen. A prototype unit could be clearly marked not for re-sale by means of the color of the casing. Just a thought, I could be entirely wrong here though there might be several reasons for doing it this way:

* Cut costs on pre-production units
    * Parts shortages on the new 1.3 MP camera at the time of prototype run
    * Don't want the true production specs to be leaked
    * Confusion could be good just prior to a new product release, it will keep customers considering/buying current products (i.e. T600)
    * Focus only on the technologies needed to test the phone (i.e. CDMA/GSM) on the associated network (SPCS, TMobile, etc.)

Who knows, the actual production units may have more memory too (cutting cost there). Until we see a unit in the box that states "TREO 650" there is a chance that any information we read here could differ from a production unit.

Just my .02 worth ...
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    Quote Originally Posted by jonecool
    Thanks Joej, no I don't think that has been mentioned on this thread

Dutchtrumpet, I for one would like to thank you for your report. Who's to say the unit you saw wasn't a prototype/pre-production unit used just for network testing? It's not uncommong for manufactuers to have several prototype runs for testing. It is possible that the cameras between the T600/650 are interchangable (from an assembly standpoint) and to save money on a prototype run retrofit a T600 camera on a T650 pre-production unit. Or it may be that the supply of 1.3MP cameras was not available for that particular run of prototypes.

This could also explain the different colored units we have seen. A prototype unit could be clearly marked not for re-sale by means of the color of the casing. Just a thought, I could be entirely wrong here though there might be several reasons for doing it this way:

* Cut costs on pre-production units
    * Parts shortages on the new 1.3 MP camera at the time of prototype run
    * Don't want the true production specs to be leaked
    * Confusion could be good just prior to a new product release, it will keep customers considering/buying current products (i.e. T600)
    * Focus only on the technologies needed to test the phone (i.e. CDMA/GSM) on the associated network (SPCS, TMobile, etc.)

Who knows, the actual production units may have more memory too (cutting cost there). Until we see a unit in the box that states "TREO 650" there is a chance that any information we read here could differ from a production unit.

Just my .02 worth ...
    thanks!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast