Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 91 of 91
  1. g.711's Avatar
    Posts
    550 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmeister
    Originally Posted by MHR
    None of this crap, please. There are countless right-wing sites where this can be appreciated by all. There is no need to subject the presumably 1/2 of the TreoCentral population to a pro-Bush or Pro-Kerry statement at this point.
    When did they start letting liberal's own T6s. Oh I forgot it was when Gore invented the internet. Or was it when Bush one created the internets.
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    if it does support EDGE, then I will wait for the 650, and limp by with my broken Clie pda
    Well, T650 is the only convergence device that is considering EDGE at the is point. There is a Moto Linux phone, but the Java apps for Linux phones are limited at this point unless you speak and read Chinese
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

    Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

    About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty4
    Thanks Wanderman for all the info. So just to make this real clear to everyone, you currently have in your possession, or had, a Treo 650 with 64mb of ram?
    I wish!!! If I had one I'd have posted hundreds of pictures of it every 30mins every day...

    Cheers, W.
  4. #84  
    Wanderman, thanks for the cool pictures!!

    Quote Originally Posted by wanderman
    I wish!!! If I had one I'd have posted hundreds of pictures of it every 30mins every day...

    Cheers, W.
    Then what's the basis for your saying that you are "looking at" 64MB?

    Thanks.
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman6
    The i600 is a Windows Smartphone. The only input mechanism is T9 (tap the 2 key 3 times for the letter C, etc). Therefore with this phone you can read your email, but you can't answer it, etc. This phone platform is misnamed -- it should be Look But Don't Touch. The Pocket PC platform is a lot more interesting.

    The i500 is a clamshell phone, running Palm OS 4.1. Input mechanism is Graffiti using a dedicated touchscreen immediately above the numeric keypad. If you want more info from i500 users, give us a holler at
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/forum...s=&forumid=116
    That is slightly incorrect.

    T9 is the dictionary, meaning that you have to type all the letters in a word for the word to be generated. You do NOT have to type the number 2 three times to get the letter C. If you wanted to type "cat" you'd hit 2-2-8 -- the number that corresponds to the letter.

    Based on feature set, the i550 is, like some1 else said, a Treo 650 in flip fashion. It'll be running Palm OS 5.2 at least and a few other things. There's a FAQ at pdaphonehome.com that shows this info.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman6
    The i600 is a Windows Smartphone. The only input mechanism is T9 (tap the 2 key 3 times for the letter C, etc). Therefore with this phone you can read your email, but you can't answer it, etc. This phone platform is misnamed -- it should be Look But Don't Touch. The Pocket PC platform is a lot more interesting.

    The i500 is a clamshell phone, running Palm OS 4.1. Input mechanism is Graffiti using a dedicated touchscreen immediately above the numeric keypad. If you want more info from i500 users, give us a holler at
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/forum...s=&forumid=116
    once you figure out how to use T9, you can type just as fast or even faster than somebody with a treo. unless you're just cursing in the txt or email messages...that will slow you down a lil, since they dont have curse words in the T9 dictionary. i wish you can add words in the dictionary.
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    Well, T650 is the only convergence device that is considering EDGE at the is point. There is a Moto Linux phone, but the Java apps for Linux phones are limited at this point unless you speak and read Chinese
    i really like the palm sofware, but have no experience with ppc software, and the design of the treo is so sweet. I just hope it comes out soon
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah yeah
    once you figure out how to use T9, you can type just as fast or even faster than somebody with a treo. unless you're just cursing in the txt or email messages...that will slow you down a lil, since they dont have curse words in the T9 dictionary. i wish you can add words in the dictionary.
    You can. Usually u just type the word in multi-tap mode then switch to T9 and the word is added.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  9. #89  
    i dont like T9. i always end up with the wrong words.
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  10. #90  
    Please ... I want my T650
    10/10/04 Ebayed my T600 ...
    I want my Treo 650 !!
    Got my unlocked T650 3/31/05
    CNG Unlocked 650 on TMo Network
  11. #91  
    Originally Posted by yeah yeah
    once you figure out how to use T9, you can type just as fast or even faster than somebody with a treo. unless you're just cursing in the txt or email messages...that will slow you down a lil, since they dont have curse words in the T9 dictionary. i wish you can add words in the dictionary.

    Originally posted by Jaggrey
    You can. Usually u just type the word in multi-tap mode then switch to T9 and the word is added.
    Great - let's encourage another poster/SMS king with vulgar language. Just what the world needs.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions