Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Anyone think there is a chance that the new 650 pics at treonauts is a Verizon branded one? It looks like the space where the logo would be was 'photoshopped' out and could be large enough to be the Verizon logo (big V above Verizon). I don't know of any other carrier's logo being that large (except Orange). Maybe wishful thinking, but I have a feeling we will see a Verizon 650 sooner rather than later and that it might have been Verizon that got treocentral to remove their original story (they had the most sales to lose due to just releasing the 600 at the time).
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperQ
    i550 is CDMA, so dual band is all there is..

if you go by the i500 specs:
    Mode: Dual-band/Tri-mode (CDMA 1900 MHz (PCS); CDMA 800 MHz; and AMPS 800 MHz)

(from samsungusa.com)

the treo does not do analog, but that's why i keep an old crappy phone in my car for emergency analog only situations. old bag phones are great that way
    It looks like the ONLY difference between the 650 & I550 is the Bluetooth, so for the people that still LOVE the clamshell design, the I550 is the way to go.(especially that they say they are going with the T600 camera...)
    I also think that it supports bluetooth cards...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    It looks like the ONLY difference between the 650 & I550 is the Bluetooth, so for the people that still LOVE the clamshell design, the I550 is the way to go.(especially that they say they are going with the T600 camera...)
    If you don't count the keyboard or does the I550 have a keyboard?
    Where are the specs for the i550? I looked on Samsung's website and can't find it.
    Antmelat - I was thinking the same thing about the photos showing a Verizon version of the Treo 650. Since the Sprint version is going to be blue, it is logical to assume that Verizon will have the silver version again. Also, it appears that the model in the pics does not have the Camera software. Does this mean we are looking at a cameraless Verizon version? Or maybe it is a GSM model?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    I thought it did have Bluetooth? If you search for the i550, most of the websites mention bluetooth if I remember correctly.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    Quote Originally Posted by dean2526
    Where are the specs for the i550? I looked on Samsung's website and can't find it.
    It's not officially released yet, though its gotten FCC approval. Do a search on "Samsung i550" and many of the sites that pop up will have specs.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    What's the difference between the i550 and i600 already available at Sprint?
    I was wondering about that photoshop job where the carrier name should be too. The sprint 650 I saw less than a week ago was silver.
    Quote Originally Posted by dean2526
    What's the difference between the i550 and i600 already available at Sprint?
    Between the I500 &Treo600 there is a hell of difference, but not so much of I550 & T650, IMO...
    Thanks Mahoo, but I meant the Samsung i600 at Sprint (not the Treo). Right now there is the Samsung i500 and Samsung i600. I was wondering what the difference between the Samsung i550 and Samsunh i600 is.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    The i600 is a Windows Smartphone. The only input mechanism is T9 (tap the 2 key 3 times for the letter C, etc). Therefore with this phone you can read your email, but you can't answer it, etc. This phone platform is misnamed -- it should be Look But Don't Touch. The Pocket PC platform is a lot more interesting.

The i500 is a clamshell phone, running Palm OS 4.1. Input mechanism is Graffiti using a dedicated touchscreen immediately above the numeric keypad. If you want more info from i500 users, give us a holler at
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/forum...s=&forumid=116
    the bad thing with samsung gsm phones is that it takes them long time to get them to america becasue of the different gsm bands
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by warpdrive
    Hey Wanderman - GREAT photos - thanks for the additional info. Just one question, what was the housing color? Pardon me if I missed this in the write-up, but I couldn't quite tell from the photos if it was silver or blue. Since the antenna was changed from black to grey, I'm guessing it's silver. Could you confirm? (Not to imply that this issue is as important as other questions such as the amount of memory, the camera quality or the Bluetooth version - I'm just curious.)

Thanks!
    Thanks warpdrive +++ all you here and at Treonauts for your great feedback,

Housing color: it's blue (the flash is too bright and thus the confusion)

Memory: things can change but I'm looking at 64MB...

Camera: as I stated it will be 1.3 megapixels

Bluetooth: truly no idea... but as gfunkmagic described here you're likely only going to see 1.1 and not 1.2 on the T650...

I'm still curious too!

Cheers, W.
    Thanks Wanderman for all the info. So just to make this real clear to everyone, you currently have in your possession, or had, a Treo 650 with 64mb of ram?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty4
    Thanks Wanderman for all the info. So just to make this real clear to everyone, you currently have in your possession, or had, a Treo 650 with 64mb of ram?
    was it close to a production model?
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Yay it's about time someone else came up with the idea that it's not necessarily a 32MB RAM. RAM is something that can easily change at the last minute and I think it did with the Treo 600 or the Treo 300 -- not sure which.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    My sources confirm that the GSM version of the Ace will support Edge...

gfunk -- were you pulling the proverbial leg?
    Quote Originally Posted by MHR
    None of this crap, please. There are countless right-wing sites where this can be appreciated by all. There is no need to subject the presumably 1/2 of the TreoCentral population to a pro-Bush or Pro-Kerry statement at this point.
    It's a shame to see a liberal losing their sense of humor. Laugh, my friend!
    if it does support EDGE, then I will wait for the 650, and limp by with my broken Clie pda
    Naveen

Next Phone:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast