Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmeister
    Mr. Kerry, when do you find time to peruse this forum with all you have going on trying to steal an election?
    I LOVE IT!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MHR
    None of this crap, please. There are countless right-wing sites where this can be appreciated by all. There is no need to subject the presumably 1/2 of the TreoCentral population to a pro-Bush or Pro-Kerry statement at this point.
    Go Nader!
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    Quote Originally Posted by MAdMoNKEY
    Go Nader!
    Perot
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    i550 is dual band---why would you waste your time with that?
    What's the disadvantage of dual-band compared to tri-band? I realize it's missing a "band", but not sure what that means exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Perot
    You're right, he looks like he'd be a good listener.

P.S. Your dog looks like Benji.
    You're right, he looks like he'd be a good listener.
    From your avatar looks like you are too
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman6
    Well, for one thing, there are a lot of places in Minnesota where the only signal you can get is analog. Not in town, of course, but out in the boonies.
    actualy, this is part of the reason I'm thinking about the 650, my sprint service gets spotty north of alex, but a friend of mine with a new quad-band GSM phone now has T-Mobile service on GSM-850 band. This is done through free roaming on dobson wireless.

P.S. Your dog looks like Benji.
    Ha...Maybe that will cheer him up. He broke his tooth on his crate to the nerve. The little guys gonna dip into my 650 money at the vet tomorrow
    Apologize to me!

Perot
    haha.. reminds me of a great futurama episode, with bob dole, perot, and mondale in the "closet for presidential loosers.
    Apologize to me!

For my spelling, sorry fixed it
    What's the disadvantage of dual-band compared to tri-band? I realize it's missing a "band", but not sure what that means exactly.
    i550 is CDMA, so dual band is all there is..

if you go by the i500 specs:
    Mode: Dual-band/Tri-mode (CDMA 1900 MHz (PCS); CDMA 800 MHz; and AMPS 800 MHz)

(from samsungusa.com)

the treo does not do analog, but that's why i keep an old crappy phone in my car for emergency analog only situations. old bag phones are great that way
    For my spelling, sorry fixed it
    Heh heh. This thread is entertaining. Oh yeah...and um, nice Treo 650 pictures Wanderman.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperQ
    i550 is CDMA, so dual band is all there is..

if you go by the i500 specs:
    Mode: Dual-band/Tri-mode (CDMA 1900 MHz (PCS); CDMA 800 MHz; and AMPS 800 MHz)

(from samsungusa.com)

the treo does not do analog, but that's why i keep an old crappy phone in my car for emergency analog only situations. old bag phones are great that way
    Gotcha. Yeah, the i550 looks interesting, I would consider it if it ends up being considerably smaller than the Treo 650. But I'm so jaded from waiting for phones after they're announced that I've decided to be happy with what I've got for a while (well, until something better comes along of course...can't wait!).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty4
    LordPhong, where did you read that?

sorry for the confusion. I read it under

http://blog.treonauts.com/treo_650_preview/index.html

but the date sayd 9/30/2004 so it's probably bad information.

"Treo 650 Specifications Update (Not Confirmed)
    It appears that we will have Bluetooth 1.2 support after all."
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaHooska
    If someone has a 650 in hand, how would he/she check whether it is BT 1.1 or 1.2?
    Do you have one? I don't know how to check the BT version, but if you have one in hand, please tell us how much memory there is!
    Also good to see the number keys will be keeping their different colours so they stand out. First 650 pictures had the keypad keys the same as the rest of the keyboard. Hurry up and release this phone. Me want!

Cheers
    VikingBrad
    thread has officially been crapped
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave
    Do you have one? I don't know how to check the BT version, but if you have one in hand, please tell us how much memory there is!
    I wish. No, I was just trying to find out if there is a way that the BT question could be easily answered by one of the blessed ones.
    Hey Wanderman - GREAT photos - thanks for the additional info. Just one question, what was the housing color? Pardon me if I missed this in the write-up, but I couldn't quite tell from the photos if it was silver or blue. Since the antenna was changed from black to grey, I'm guessing it's silver. Could you confirm? (Not to imply that this issue is as important as other questions such as the amount of memory, the camera quality or the Bluetooth version - I'm just curious.)

Thanks!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast