1.    #1  
    i am looking for a secure vpn client that allows the use of a secure id card. anyone know of any?
    Quote Originally Posted by dpwaters
    i am looking for a secure vpn client that allows the use of a secure id card. anyone know of any?
    I've been looking for the same thing without success. There seem to be 2 main PalmOS based VPN Clients
    1) Mergic
    2) Movian / Certicom

Neither supports SecurId and Movian doesn't work on the treo 600.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw
    I've been looking for the same thing without success. There seem to be 2 main PalmOS based VPN Clients
    1) Mergic
    2) Movian / Certicom

Neither supports SecurId and Movian doesn't work on the treo 600.
    what about SafeRemotePDA??

check this link out.
    http://support.safenet-inc.com/produ...ePDA_14_r1.pdf

the problem is that i can't find the software to download
    Last edited by dpwaters; 10/11/2004 at 01:45 PM.
    Currently, the Mergic PPTP client runs well on the Treo 600. I don't believe the ipsec Movian is certified to run on the 600.

PalmLover
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmLover
    Currently, the Mergic PPTP client runs well on the Treo 600. I don't believe the ipsec Movian is certified to run on the 600.

PalmLover
    i agree. however, it doesn't allow for the use of an secure id card. that's what i'm looking for.
    I just learned that Movian version 1.1 IPSEC does work on the Treo, 1.0 does not.

PalmLover
    PLEASE NOTE: As of October 31, 2004, Certicom will no longer provide security applications that can be installed by an end-user onto a device. WIth the launch of Security Builder IPSec, Certicom will be migrating the movianVPN product from an end-user application to an embedded security toolkit to capitalize on new opportunities in the embedded virtual private network (VPN) and secured VoIP market.
    This from Certicom's movian page. So just in time for Certicom to make a movian version that works with the Treo, they withdraw support for individual licenses? Nice.
    Has anyone had any luck with this?
    Was anyone able to get a copy of "Movian version 1.1 IPSEC"?
    you can purchase movianVPN from the following

www.orlogix.com/vpn
    DPWATERS,

I remember trying movian on my Treo 270, and had it working with a securid, even though they said it wasn't supported. I think I had it setup like using a username/password.

I probably shouldn't tell you that after the thrashing your team gave my team, but I figure forgive and forget.....

-Joe
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    The funny thing about the movian vpn client is that on the Certicom website they no longer offer it, but on the Treo650 support page P1 is offering a trial version of the movian vpn client with the Treo650.

Not sure whats going on, but I did get an e-mail from sales at Certicom and they said the only way to get the vpn client now is to try to convince P1 to build their own.

He said, she said

Jaya23
    I looked at the Movian website. They have a Palm 5 OS version of their VPN. I'm not sure this would work. Does anyone know of a VPN supporting IPSEC for the 650? I don't want to wait for the movianVPN release on the palmOne site.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmLover
    I just learned that Movian version 1.1 IPSEC does work on the Treo, 1.0 does not.

PalmLover
    Palm Lover,

You sure Movian 1.1 works on Treo 600?? I don't care if Treo 600 is supported or not, I just want to know it works. I just got this email from Certicom:

Hi Kirkland,

movianVPN will not work on the Treo 600 and as I have been informed, there are no plans for it.

palmOne will be providing a free 30-day demo with the Treo 650, but again, according to what I have been told it will not work on the 600. You can then go to the palmOne website and purchase a full license as they will have the ability to distribute it.

With regards to the Treo 600, my suggestion is that you bring up this issue with palmOne. There are many others just like you, using the Treo 600 that have been asking for VPN functionality. I have been suggesting to all of them that they bring it up with palmOne.

Sorry, I can't be more helpful.

Kind Regards,
    Wendy

Wendy Bissonnette
    Inside Sales Manager
    Certicom Corp.

(t) 613.254.9258
    (f) 613.254.9275