Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    I don't see how the Treo 650 is going to cost 400-600 when you count that you can ebay your old Treo 600 for at least $250, probably more. That would mean that if the Treo 650 comes out at a 600 price point you are only playing $350. If comes out lower, like with a renewal of contract or something, then it might get down to $250.
    I doubt I will sell my old treo, since I work for Rob with supporting callfilter on the 600, having a reference means worlds.

I also imaging that there's a few folks that are going to hand-me-down their 600 to a relative.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by mistertreo
    Bump.
    okay now that bump was uncalled for , the previous post was made 4 min ago and the latter was made a minute after the bump.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    This is at least the 3rd thread with this same topic right? Takes a few weeks for us to forget we really want a 650 and that it is worth it! This is especially the case for me since I have already sold my 600 on ebay.
    Robert Bolar REALTORŪ for Utah Homes
    Coldwell Banker
    "Selling Utah One Home At A Time" SellUtah.com or OwnUtah.com
    Cell: 801-920-4620
    Office: 801-920-2440
    Res: 801-737-3664
    Fax: 801-475-8115
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekara
    I doubt I will sell my old treo, since I work for Rob with supporting callfilter on the 600, having a reference means worlds.

I also imaging that there's a few folks that are going to hand-me-down their 600 to a relative.
    Well I suppose if you are developing for it then it's a business expense. I kind of view that differently since 99+% of Treo owners wouldn't need to keep a Treo 600 if they had a Treo 650.

And yeah if they if they are handing it to a relative, that's a nice thing to do. However, in the original calculation it didn't factor in the "priceless" value of giving a $250 gift to a relative.
    to go back to the initial question

yes, for me the 650 will be well worth the money - if it comes with wi-fi option, which is standard among the competition.

if not, I go elswhere and P1 loses my later upgrades, but they dont seem to care anyhow as the minimalistic upgrade of the 600 shows ...
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Definately worth it for me - like someone earlier, was going to get a 600 until I found out about the 650.....can't wait, and I'm praying my (almost 4-year old ) phone doesn't die till I can get one. Better screen, battery, BT, and hopefully fixed buzzing and speakerphone bugs make the 650 what I want over the 600.
    I can't resist. Bump.
    You bring up some really good points. Especially if you want to voluntarily throw $500-$600 @ adding your current 600 into the graveyard of previous "have to have devices" that totals into the four or five figure range. Besides the feeling of having to have the latest and greatest is the ability to use a bluetooth headset with it, the higher res screen, a better camera, the faster processor, hopefully lack of crashing and of course the really cool easy to see keyboard. I like the idea of looking @ the investment as renting or leasing the device like you would a car of something else. How much enjoyment do you get for $12.00 a week? I like to tell myself that with the bluetooth that I would stop for at least a couple of incarnations of the device but that would probably just be rationalizion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12