Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I bought my TREO 600 about 3 weeks ago off eBay. Mint condition, has been working flawlessly.
    Yesterday, I had the car charger plugged in and was talking in the car. The call seemed to drop, but when I looked at the phone. The screen was blank and the LED was off.
    The phone would not power back on. I tried the Soft Reset, Warm Reset, Hard Reset and the Battery Reset.

No sign of life from the phone. Will Handspring replace this? Any ideas what happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliversilk
    I bought my TREO 600 about 3 weeks ago off eBay. Mint condition, has been working flawlessly.
    Yesterday, I had the car charger plugged in and was talking in the car. The call seemed to drop, but when I looked at the phone. The screen was blank and the LED was off.
    The phone would not power back on. I tried the Soft Reset, Warm Reset, Hard Reset and the Battery Reset.

No sign of life from the phone. Will Handspring replace this? Any ideas what happened?
    Did you start your engine while the Treo was on and plugged in? The extra surge of power from the battery to start your car could have fried your unit. When you purchased your unit from eBay, did the Seller gave you the original bill of receipt? Without that, it will be hard to warranty the service.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    No, The car was not started at all. And no, he didn't include the original bill of sale.
    Is the car charger an authorized PalmOne or an after market version?
    your battery is out of charge and the treo is in deep sleep. the treo does not charge while the car is turned off.

just plug it in to charge. look for the red light indicating it's charging. after a few minutes you'll be able to turn it on again.
    Quote Originally Posted by oliversilk

Handspring no longer exists, do you have replacement warranty from your phone provider? Does the original owner have a replacement warranty ? Is it transferable ?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redcap
    Is the car charger an authorized PalmOne or an after market version?
    I think it's an aftermarket! But I've used it up to this point without incident and for 6 months with my Treo 300.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bettyboop
    your battery is out of charge and the treo is in deep sleep. the treo does not charge while the car is turned off.

just plug it in to charge. look for the red light indicating it's charging. after a few minutes you'll be able to turn it on again.
    Wrong Answer!
    It's been plugged into my home charger for 2 days without a single LED or sign of life.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Handspring no longer exists, do you have replacement warranty from your phone provider? Does the original owner have a replacement warranty ? Is it transferable ?
    I do have the Equiptment Replacement from Sprint. I'll have to wait until Monday to call them on this issue.