Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    is it really worth the 120 n' some odd $ for the case? looks cool but damn, that's a hefty price....

umm....anyone selling theirs cheap? color's not important really but a pearl/white case w/ a charcoal/grey carrier would be the tits.

like this
    http://palm.imageg.net/graphics/prod...1538763reg.jpg
    Last edited by mackey; 10/10/2004 at 03:54 AM.
    They are definitely sweet. The leather is excellent and the craftsmanship is top notch - but you are right, the price is hefty. I have looked at many and have an IVolution case . . . but I also like the Krusell cases . . . so many options, but only one Treo.
    I'm going to purchase the Sena case. To me, it looks similar to the Vaja case, and costs about 65% less.
    Quote Originally Posted by a1l3n
    I'm going to purchase the Sena case. To me, it looks similar to the Vaja case, and costs about 65% less.
    Although, I like my Sena case a lot, I want you to be beware that Sena case is different than Vaja case. Sena case is very thin. Sena always advertises its cases to be slim, and they are.

Vaja case on the other hand looks more solid and protective.

Price is a factor but first decide what you want. I wanted a thin quality case with no vinyl over keyboard and screen. That's why I chose Sena. and I am happy with it.
    Do ANY of these cases work on a cradle? My Treo usually sits in its cradle all day long! And I think I read that the Vaja cases do not fit....
    I haven't heard of Sena before. But they have a picture on their website showing the Treo, in the case, in a cradle. And the site says "Charge thru cradle and travel cable". The price looks decent too.

Maybe when my eGrips become really ragged I'll look into it.
    Treo 680 GSM since July 2007
    Treo 600 GSM from November 2003 through July 2007
    AT&T (formerly Cingular, formerly PacBell PCS) since September 1998
    I have the Vaja case dark blue with a black back side. Although the case is expensive I have seen some of my coworkers spend as much or more buying different cases becuase they were not satisfied. I had the handspring form case with plastic on the screen area and it made the phone more difficult to use. Not only that the belt clip came off a few times and the phone came out of the case also. The Vaja case with a screen saver and with their great belt clip really protect the phone while making it very accessible. I say if you already paid around $500 for the phone what is an extra $120 and dont forget to personalize it.
    Quote Originally Posted by randyagent
    I have the Vaja case dark blue with a black back side. Although the case is expensive I have seen some of my coworkers spend as much or more buying different cases becuase they were not satisfied. I had the handspring form case with plastic on the screen area and it made the phone more difficult to use. Not only that the belt clip came off a few times and the phone came out of the case also. The Vaja case with a screen saver and with their great belt clip really protect the phone while making it very accessible. I say if you already paid around $500 for the phone what is an extra $120 and dont forget to personalize it.
    You sound like a salesman :P
    I am not a salesman it is just that the Vaja case was so much better than my last case.

I was real hesitant to spend the money for the case. The funny thing is that all the stores that sell cell phone accessories dont carry any treo stuff, instead they carry all these $10 face plates for some old nokoia phone that nobody is buying. Meanwhile all of these profesionals are willing to pay anything for a decent case for their Treos.
    Quote Originally Posted by mackey
    is it really worth the 120 n' some odd $ for the case? looks cool but damn, that's a hefty price....

umm....anyone selling theirs cheap? color's not important really but a pearl/white case w/ a charcoal/grey carrier would be the tits.

like this
    Thats the exact combo I have for my treo, and yes it is a sweet look. I find that it is well worth the money, and I haven't found any other case that fits my needs as well as the Vaja, since I just need a case to protect the treo without any belt clips or anything.

And no I'm not selling it, besides I don't think you'd want my name on your case anyway. (you gotta get it personalized)
    Quote Originally Posted by catbert00
    I haven't heard of Sena before. But they have a picture on their website showing the Treo, in the case, in a cradle. And the site says "Charge thru cradle and travel cable". The price looks decent too.

Maybe when my eGrips become really ragged I'll look into it.
    I've got the Sena case, and it's fine as a slim case, but the charging/syncing with the case on is questionable. Mine will only charge, and not sync on the cradle...they claim it will soften up over time so I will eventually be able to sync.

So I'd just warn you to regard it as a potential bonus, and not expect it.
  12. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts

like this
    In terms of quality and materials it is worth it. However, if you plan on upgrading to a 650 soon then it would be nice to know if the new model is going to fit the old case.

like this
    Perhaps this review of the Vaja case will help you to make up your mind...

Cheers, W.
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderman
    Perhaps this review of the Vaja case will help you to make up your mind...

Cheers, W.
    As usual, your review was very informative! Thanks Wanderman.

My big concern now is whether Vaja will design an iVolution case that will allow the Treo 600/650 to sit in a car charger/cradle. I am planning to buy a 650 and will be looking to add a car charger/cradle.

Can the 600 be removed from the case easily, in case I want to just pull it out for the car, or is it too snug to allow that?

Mike
    Thank you all for your information! After reading your posts I scoured ebay and found an i-volution (Black) for $80 (he changed phones). Can't wait to get it!
    Hi Guys
    A quick question about the vaja. Sometimes i wear my stuff on my belt and sometime just want it without the clip and put it on my pocket. If I get the version with the belt clip can I also have it smooth like wandermans when I want?
    Cheers
    BBKBAZ
    Quote Originally Posted by BBKBAZ
    Hi Guys
    A quick question about the vaja. Sometimes i wear my stuff on my belt and sometime just want it without the clip and put it on my pocket. If I get the version with the belt clip can I also have it smooth like wandermans when I want?
    Cheers
    BBKBAZ
    Unfortunately not... I can't think of a single case manufacturer that has solved this riddle yet...

When I want the Treo on my belt I take it out of its Vaja case and use my iPod's belt clip as I reported here.

Cheers, W.
    Thanks wanderman - it looks like the smooth case and an i-pod case it is.
    Cheers
    BBKBAZ
    I got the Vaja i-volution T6 yesterday, and first of all, it is more of a shell than a case. It feels like it would really absorb the shock of a drop.
    It is also so snug, that it would be impossible for the treo to slip out of it. It is a bit of a pain to remove your phone from it to reset (my phone crashed yesterday), so if you have a need for your phone to be in and out of the case, this may not be for you.
    I had gotten used to the feel of the plastic over the keyboard from the Krussell case I had previously, so I attached one of my screen protectors over the keyboard and tucked the edges to the back before inserting my phone in the Vaja, and I think it works and looks great. I'll try to post some pictures later.
    Hi folks,
    I am split between the Sena case and the EBcases case for the Treo 600. I can't really justify $100+ for a vaja.

Any experience with the "new" EBCases one? It seems like it would protect the corners really well, more than the Sena case. But I can't really tell too much from the pics on their site.

Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast