Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  

The Treo 650 looks like it's not coming with the 1.3 mp camera. So I am done....

Can anyone suggest another phone that would have all features?
    I'm very interested in the Daxian (Sprint). It has a different name for the other providers. Not sure when its supposed to be released
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx

The Treo 650 looks like it's not coming with the 1.3 mp camera. So I am done....

Can anyone suggest another phone that would have all features?

Like it's cast in stone. Why dont you just wait until it comes out instead of believeing all the crap you read here. Anyone offered proof it's the same camera?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Like it's cast in stone. Why dont you just wait until it comes out instead of believeing all the crap you read here. Anyone offered proof it's the same camera?
    Well, I did say "looks like it's not coming with the 1.3 mp camera".

Just want to see what my options were just in case.

That BenQ P50 looks real nice with many features.
    I know it could be changed later. But what I saw was not "crap" I saw a treo 650 with slick hi-res VGA cam, OS 5.4.5. I know there is no reason anyone should believe me but I saw what I saw.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I know it could be changed later. But what I saw was not "crap" I saw a treo 650 with slick hi-res VGA cam, OS 5.4.5. I know there is no reason anyone should believe me but I saw what I saw.
    Someone else on mytreo.net said the same thing.
    That was me
  8.    #8  
    That was me

No. I know who you are.

A guy on MT.net made reference to another guy named "SH" who he gave credit to after he varified the 650 had a vga camera.
    Also, over at slashdot it's being discussed that palm appears to be moving the release date from October to January! It could be related to this camera change, or to fix the newer cameras/bluetooth profiles, etc...

All I know is if the i550 comes out first I won't be buying a 650 at all... If you're a GSM guy, look at the mpx that motorola is coming out with... I'd be all over that if I was willing to use GSM. It just doesn't roam as well as I'll need...
    That was me thanking "SH" also...I posted the exact same thing here at TC.
  11.    #11  
    That was me thanking "SH" also...I posted the exact same thing here at TC.
    Oh yeah! It was you! You started all of this!
    Sorry...if you had seen how awesome that silver 650 looked you would have done the same
    I gotta agree, if the 650 does in fact come out with the same crappy camera, I won't be purchasing it either. It doesnt have enough new product features to upgrade after most having been waiting a year for it. If its the same camera, Ill just look at competitors until the next generation treo after the 650 comes out.
    Last edited by TracerHawk; 10/10/2004 at 10:48 AM.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by TracerHawk
    If its the same camera, Ill just look at competitors until the next generation treo after the 650 comes out.

Like what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx
    Like what?
    Well, the i550, i730 both by Samsung. Also a new PPC unit (Daxian, etc). The i730 and Daxian are bluetooth but PPC. The i550 will be palm unit that will be far superior (my opinion) to the Treo 650 save for no bluetooth...

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=522
    Last edited by temfate; 10/10/2004 at 10:48 PM.
    I'm looking towards the Daxian myself. I have actually found I use the camera on my 600 alot and the improvement of it's poor quality was something I was really looking forward to. With no upgrade in camera quality, no WiFi and no Cobalt it seems to me that the 650 is arriving crippled. With the fact I much prefer PPC over Palm anyway, I think I'll just go with the Daxian when it comes out. It's a shame, I do like the form-factor and ease of use of the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by temfate
    Also, over at slashdot it's being discussed that palm appears to be moving the release date from October to January!
    How can they move something that never was? This is simply standard P1 operating procedure. Does no one here remember the roll-out of the 600? When we get to January they will simply deny it. In the meantime, they will have discouraged us from buying anything else.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by temfate
    Well, the i550, i730 both by Samsung. Also a new PPC unit (Daxian, etc). The i730 and Daxian are bluetooth but PPC. The i550 will be palm unit that will be far superior (my opinion) to the Treo 650 save for no bluetooth...

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=522
    I've been an early adopter of both the T300 and the 650, and I've been very vocal on these boards and elsewhere about how much I've loved my Treos. But for many reasons, I feel that that the i550 is going to be the better purchase (at least for me) when it comes time to upgrade. My only real concern is the issue of timing. From what I can tell, Samsung is incredibly slow in bringing their products to market. I suppose if the i550 is still not out by the end of Q1 of 2005, I'll have to consider a change of plans, including looking at the 650. But for the time being, the T650 will be the first Treo release that I have not jumped all over.

David
    Question: If I am a CIngular customer, can I buy any of these phones and use my Cingular card to make it work on my plan? I know it would have to be "unlocked" - but will any of the unlocked phones work, or are there restrictions? The ones I would be looking at, assuming the 650 falls flat, are the BenQ, Daxian, and anything else with all the features I am after (camera, WiFi, BT).
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean18
    Question: If I am a CIngular customer, can I buy any of these phones and use my Cingular card to make it work on my plan? I know it would have to be "unlocked" - but will any of the unlocked phones work, or are there restrictions? The ones I would be looking at, assuming the 650 falls flat, are the BenQ, Daxian, and anything else with all the features I am after (camera, WiFi, BT).
    It is in the nature of the GSM standard that any phone works on any network.

For example, I have a very old SIM. After many years of mergers and acquisitions, it is a "T-Mobile" SIM. I have used it in five phones and on more than a dozen networks around the world. When the 600 was announced, it was only available for SprintPCS/CDMA. Finally, a GSM version became available through dealers and I bought one. It turned out to have Cingular software in it. I put my SIM in it and, as expected and intended, both voice and data worked immediately. (Wish it had been as easy to get the PDA side working as the phone side. Hardly any of my Palm OS3 software worked on the 600.)

It still has Cingular software in it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast