1.    #1  
    I haven't installed anything recently, but suddenly my mail application causes the Treo to reboot. It only happens when I try to check mail or delete mail. I have 1024 messages, so I was thinking this might be some magic limit as it represents a power of 2 (perhaps they didn't allocate space for more).

I've tried a hard reset and restore only to get the same problem back.
  2.    #2  
    Bump. Has anyone seen this before? Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    I haven't installed anything recently, but suddenly my mail application causes the Treo to reboot. It only happens when I try to check mail or delete mail. I have 1024 messages, so I was thinking this might be some magic limit as it represents a power of 2 (perhaps they didn't allocate space for more).

I've tried a hard reset and restore only to get the same problem back.
    Bmcfarland: Just tonight I began to get the same thing. I download my email from Earthlink and when I try to delete a mail, the T600 reboots. I'v never seen this before. If you get the answer will you post it or email me? jsrobbins@earthlink.net I will do the same. Many thanks. Never a dull moment with a T600. Jim
    From my call to Palmone, the following solution came to this problem. First wipe with hard boot your T600. Then, create a new email account in the T600 through the Mail Application (would be the same as the old one). Then, find the Programs/Handspring/(your name) file in your windows computer and locate within (your name) the "Backup" folder and rename it "backup001". Then, restore your T600 from the cradle. (You will create a new "Backup" folder when you do this.) Check the mail delete reboot problem. Any programs or configurations or .db you want can be retreived from the "Backup001" by double clicking on the file. This will put it into the Palm Application for restoration upon the next syncing.

Hope this helps. jsrobbins
    Hey guys,

I was having a problem with corrupt emails causing resets and followed your steps, jsrobbins, and it fixed my problem. Thanks for the post!
    I had similar problems but it turned out to be something totally weird. There were corrupt meeting requests in my calendar that seemed to be causing the phone to reboot. Changing the calendar preferences in the client software on my treo to exclude the corrupt calendar days solved the problem.

Phew! I spent at least 4 hours with Sprint Tech support and at least another couple in the local sprint store. The sprint support person at the store suggested i use IMAP instead of exchange on the biz connect desktop software. Since that did not cause reboots, i figured it must be the calendar that was messing up things.