Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I hope this is not true but I was just told by one of my sources who is very reliable and has had good info in the past that the camera on the T650 will be the same as the 600. Apparently, palm1 had problems with the new camera and decided just to stick with the old camera.

At first I didn't believe it and then Dutchtrumpet mentioned the same thing in a post somewhere.

It is not a dealbreaker or anything but I was really looking forward to a better quality camera.

Argggggh!!
    I saw it in chattanooga. It was vga but sure did look good
    I thought it was going to be a megapixel at least? This is a bummer.
    another let down well this is really making me think twice about getting the 650
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    This would be a deal breaker for me.

sal
    I doubt this is true, actually. Even PLMO wouldn't do this. Famous last words?
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvador
    This would be a deal breaker for me.

sal

Me to dawg! If it is true then I may not get the 650. I'll look at the BenQ or the HP.
    wow. I hope its not true. if it is, its just one crushing disappointment after another for this company. I can't believe this.

no wifi, now no 1.3mpixel cam. still $599? umm. that would certainly be a dealbreaker. starting to really doubt this company now.
    If this is true, I will not be getting a 650. The Daxian is looking better and better.
    If it's true they should just release a version without a camera until they get the camera right. Another camera like on the 600 just isn't worth having.
    Quote Originally Posted by bilbo__baggins
    If it's true they should just release a version without a camera until they get the camera right. Another camera like on the 600 just isn't worth having.
    Other than bluetooh, there is nothing on the 650 that I can't do on the 600 (I know the screen is better and the processor will be faster) so the lack of a better camera will just cement me staying with the 600 till another comapny (must be a Plam OS),or palmOne comes out with a compelling reason to upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillK400
    Other than bluetooh, there is nothing on the 650 that I can't do on the 600 (I know the screen is better and the processor will be faster) so the lack of a better camera will just cement me staying with the 600 till another comapny (must be a Plam OS),or palmOne comes out with a compelling reason to upgrade.
    Yeah, you're right. You might as well get a 600.
    I doubt that there's any truth in this rumor. There is no way that they can release this phone wth the same old camera as the 600. The 1.3Mpx camera is way too important for the 650 to release without it.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    I saw it...vga.
    And the hits just keep on coming.
    Last edited by FloydPinkerton; 10/10/2004 at 12:13 PM.
    <a href=http://www.floydpinkerton.net>My Homepage</a><br>
    <a href=http://www.totaldialup.net>TotalDialup.com</a> My business<br>
    <a href=http://www.coverupsounds.com>Coverupsounds.com</a> (my small contribution)
    Wait a minute........all we have to do is email CashDad and ask him. He had one in his hands about a week ago..........
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackFan
    If this is true, I will not be getting a 650. The Daxian is looking better and better.
    See ya! Don't let the door hit you on your way out....
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx
    Wait a minute........all we have to do is email CashDad and ask him. He had one in his hands about a week ago..........
    no body believes me
    really, what problems could they have with a camara that would prevent them from using it?

i believe u dutch.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    no body believes me

It's not that I don't believe you. It's that I don't want to believe you because I have been waiting for this freaking phone forever!!!!

Cashdad had one in his hand about a week ago. He said nothing about this freaking camera.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast