Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert K.
    Sorry dutch, but what exactly have you told us that you want us to believe? I believe you that you believe that it is VGA. I believe you that you know somebody who believes that it is VGA. But I have no idea how you/he came to that conclusion, other than through 2nd/3rd/4th hand information.

Has anyone gone into the camera config settings and seen that there was no res available above 640x480? When I start hearing that through multiple reputable sources I will start believing. But for now I chalk this up as just another unsubstantiated rumor.

Back when I was waiting anxiously for the Kyocera 7135 to be released by Sprint, I had a good friend who worked in the VZW data sales dept... she had a next door neighbor who had the same function at Sprint (and he was definitely "in the know"; i.e. a reliable source). He told her that Sprint was definitely going to be carrying the 7135. Well, we all know how that turned out.
    see post #14
    Please.. this thread is painful... I can tell you with 100% assurances that the Treo 650 WILL have a 1.3MP camera + video recording...

Cheers, W.
    #14 leaves a lot open to interpretation.

* posted from my Treo 600
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    Let me be clear. I saw with my own two eyes a sprint treo 650 at the sprint store in Chattanooga TN. Jim is the person that has it. I have posted my exerience and the 650 that I saw had a VGA camera.
    To me, unless it is a 3 or more mega pixel camera, it is a waste anyway. I use a digital camera to take pictures, and the Treo as a phone and PDA. A 1.3 megapixel camera isnt' good enough for a camera, so I don't care. I would rather have the 650 without a camera, since it is useless. I see no need at all for a camera on the phone unless I can actually use the pictures to print or share with family and friends. A 1.3 megapixel camera isn't any better, in my opinion, than a .3 camera.

Just my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderman
    Please.. this thread is painful... I can tell you with 100% assurances that the Treo 650 WILL have a 1.3MP camera + video recording...

Cheers, W.
    And what makes you so sure? Not everybody can be right here
    Robert
    sounds like wanderman has more future info than me. I hope he is right .
    Perhaps Sprint has a VGA camera for whatever reason, and the others have 1.3? Maybe not actually...
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    The thing is all these people who have 'touched' the new 650, why the hell did they not take any video of it as at least you can zoom better than the digital cameras the seem to have used!!!!

useless buggers...
    -----------------------------
    Adzo
    Treo since November 2003!

Still got the original.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx
    Cashdad had a Treo 650 in his had about a week ago and posted actual photos of the Treo 650.......... ON HIS DESK!

He wrote, "Camcorder! Given the 1.3MP camera, this could mean some good fun." Quote/Un-Quote...........

Here are the photos AND his posts..........http://mytreo.net/news/archives/000167.php

So now we have a conflict..........
    I think everybody in this thread is probably right.

If you look at the close up shot of the camera screen there is a box on the right that says "640" with a little selector arrow. I'd bet that, once selected, you would have at least two choices of camera resolution (maybe even three or four) all the way up to "1280".

So the guy in this thread who is swearing up and down that its a VGA, probably saw the phone in VGA mode.

But I guess we won't know for sure until the 650 ships.
    As I posted I was not allowed to touch it. Too many calls about the engadget report.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    As I posted I was not allowed to touch it.
    That's one of the reasons why I wonder why you are being so adamant about the camera being VGA. When you saw it, what was it that you saw that caused you to come to such a definitive conclusion?
    Robert
    The 650 that was in the store did not have a setting for higher than vga quality. That's why. I also had him open the "tv" app. It was a debug utility. The released version may have mobitv, but this one did not. the one I saw had 32mb of memory. The release may have more, this one did not. This one had os 5.4.5.....so on and so forth.

All I posted was experience asking a sprint rep with a treo 650 to open different screens and gather as much info as I could withoput touching it. I have no inside sources. I just play the trumpet for a living. All I can tell you is what I saw on one pre-release treo 650 in Chattanooga TN. It was also silver where cash's pics were gunmetal blue.

That's where I am coming from.
    Last edited by dutchtrumpet; 10/10/2004 at 04:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by realsyde
    I think everybody in this thread is probably right.

If you look at the close up shot of the camera screen there is a box on the right that says "640" with a little selector arrow. I'd bet that, once selected, you would have at least two choices of camera resolution (maybe even three or four) all the way up to "1280".

So the guy in this thread who is swearing up and down that its a VGA, probably saw the phone in VGA mode.

But I guess we won't know for sure until the 650 ships.
    Spot on realsyde! That's exactly how the camera functions...

Cheers, W.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    A 1.3 meg camera is perfect for ebay and website work, whereas a 300K camera is a fuzzy mess. My Sony 1.3 Meg camera took great pictures we put on ebay all the time!
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    The 650 that was in the store did not have a setting for higher than vga quality.
    Did it have that little arrow thing to the left of where it says 640? IF so, did you ask him to click on it and what showed up?
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mgauss
    A 1.3 meg camera is perfect for ebay and website work, whereas a 300K camera is a fuzzy mess. My Sony 1.3 Meg camera took great pictures we put on ebay all the time!
    It was more than the camera just being .3megapixels.. it was a lousy camera..

Even if it is 1.3mp, it could STILL take crappy pix.
    Quote Originally Posted by njchris
    It was more than the camera just being .3megapixels.. it was a lousy camera..

Even if it is 1.3mp, it could STILL take crappy pix.
    Conversly, it could be a .3 megapixel camera that takes much better pictures.
    if they could put the zire 71's camera in the treo 650 id be very very happy to buy one.
    Quote Originally Posted by merlin002
    if they could put the zire 71's camera in the treo 650 id be very very happy to buy one.
    They may actually do that. palmOne has a tendency to re-user components (look at the screen in the Z71 being used in the T2).
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast