Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 62
  1. #21  
    ok, help an ignorant fella out.

    when you say VGA does that mean it can't be 1.3 or does it mean that it can be 1.3 but the guts are still crappy which means you'll just get higher res crappy pics?

    thanks
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    ok, help an ignorant fella out.

    when you say VGA does that mean it can't be 1.3 or does it mean that it can be 1.3 but the guts are still crappy which means you'll just get higher res crappy pics?

    thanks

    It means back to the old .3 mega pixel camera as opposed to the 1.3 mega pixel intended camera.
  3. #23  
    I guess I'm looking for more info...why does VGA mean 0.3 mega-pixel?
  4. #24  
    The original VGA was something like 640x480 or less resolution (maybe it was 320x300). Anyway, because of this, VGA means that resolution. 1.3 megapixel is a 1280x1024 resolution. There can be a variance of maybe 2-300 pixels off based on software manipulations... But a VGA camera is NOT 1.3 megapixel!

    EDIT: 1280 * 1024 = 1.3megapixels (~1300000)
    640 * 480 = .3 megapixels (~300000)
    Last edited by temfate; 10/09/2004 at 09:12 PM.
  5. #25  
    Not to question whta dutch saw, but with a fully functional 1.3m camera on the Zire 72, why woul dthey suddenly have troubles with it on the Treo and have to step down.

    We're all just getting the pre-release jitters (buck fever), especially with the January 05 release rumors.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  6. #26  
    I would think VGA would be the default setting on the camera, especially for a phone with only 32mb RAM. I couldn't even transmit images via Picture Send that I made using Qset to reduce picture compression without getting an error telling me the file size was too large. I would be very surprised if the 650 were set to 1.3mp out of the box.

    Dutch said that the guy who showed him the 650 wouldn't let him touch it, which might have prevented a more thorough exploration of the camera's various modes. This could be wishful thinking on my part, but the VGA camera runs contrary to Sprint's internal marketing (e.g. the PowerPoint slide), and the insider materials supplied to WBO.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackFan
    If this is true, I will not be getting a 650. The Daxian is looking better and better.
    I feel you...
  8. wahili's Avatar
    Posts
    622 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #28  
    same here. ill hold on the Treo 600 then and honestly if these guys dont get their act together a nimble competitor will make the Treo like roadkill just like the iPod will be very soon.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by temfate
    The original VGA was something like 640x480 or less resolution (maybe it was 320x300). Anyway, because of this, VGA means that resolution. 1.3 megapixel is a 1280x1024 resolution. There can be a variance of maybe 2-300 pixels off based on software manipulations... But a VGA camera is NOT 1.3 megapixel!

    EDIT: 1280 * 1024 = 1.3megapixels (~1300000)
    640 * 480 = .3 megapixels (~300000)
    thanks temfate. that's the explanation I was looking for.
  10. #30  
    If this proves to be true, that would be a deal breaker for me since I find the cmera as it is -- lacking.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx
    It's not that I don't believe you. It's that I don't want to believe you....
    exactly. If its not megapix, I probably get the 650 then jump ship to the P50 later (because I don't expect the P50 before June since BenQ takes sooooo long to release phones). 650 is still gonna be great with high res and removeable batteries. Other other features are not drifting by the wayside: EDGE, megapix
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

    Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

    About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  12. joele's Avatar
    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    #32  
    I would have thought they would have a 1.3mp camera as HTC is making it for them and their latest round of PPC phones just released, have 1.3mp cameras, so it just kind of made sense, cheaper for them I would think, to put the same camera in the Treo 650.

    Although the camera on the Treo 600 wasn't great for me 90% of the problem was the screen and not the camera, I really only used it to take pictures of people for photo contacts/callerid (or some funny quick snap of a pissed friend) so the camera was good enough, it was just the screen resolution made it a waste of time!
  13. #33  
    I was going to post the same thing that dstrauss said, regarding the Zire 72 camera. it makes no sense to me that they would keep the same camera when they already have a better one that is proven. You all are just being paranoid. (i hope!)

    * posted from my Treo 600
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
  14. #34  
    I thought that the 600 camera was not that bad. I took some pretty good photos with it. You just have to have good lighting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  15. #35  
    Cashdad had a Treo 650 in his had about a week ago and posted actual photos of the Treo 650.......... ON HIS DESK!

    He wrote, "Camcorder! Given the 1.3MP camera, this could mean some good fun." Quote/Un-Quote...........


    Here are the photos AND his posts..........http://mytreo.net/news/archives/000167.php


    So now we have a conflict..........
  16. #36  
    The only dealbreaker for me would be no High-res screen. There is no way I could go from my T3 to the 600.... Until the 650 is released, I'll keep carrying my T3 and V60.
  17. #37  
    Did anyone else notice in Cashdad's pictures of the camera view, the "640" text on the bottom right? Do you think it provides further proof of a VGA camera?
  18. #38  
    I noticed that too, Treojunkie. Maybe that is just the default vga setting. Hopefully it can be adjusted to the 1.3 mp resolution too. Or maybe it can't. We'll see.
  19. wahili's Avatar
    Posts
    622 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #39  
    he probalby said 1.3 because everyone else said it was 1.3 and i wouldnt be surprised it was the same camera because palmOne can just be so sketchy.

    In fact, why on earth cant a single company making hundreds of millions or sometimes Billions (microsoft, hp) make a device that actually does the FULL job and not some half assed job.

    that being said, the thougnt of not having the Treo for a few weeks scares me which means i guess i like it more then i would care to admit.

    Final Thoughts.. i like the treo but im unhappy with palmOne. They play too many games with customers... leaking pics starting rumors.. and i mean COME ON palmOne... why are your phone reps STILL saying that the Treo 650 is just a rumor.

    good god im sure at least on person will have an aneurysm this year waiting for their 650... and ill be there to take a crappy lookin pic of it with my treo 600
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    no body believes me
    Sorry dutch, but what exactly have you told us that you want us to believe? I believe you that you believe that it is VGA. I believe you that you know somebody who believes that it is VGA. But I have no idea how you/he came to that conclusion, other than through 2nd/3rd/4th hand information.

    Has anyone gone into the camera config settings and seen that there was no res available above 640x480? When I start hearing that through multiple reputable sources I will start believing. But for now I chalk this up as just another unsubstantiated rumor.

    Back when I was waiting anxiously for the Kyocera 7135 to be released by Sprint, I had a good friend who worked in the VZW data sales dept... she had a next door neighbor who had the same function at Sprint (and he was definitely "in the know"; i.e. a reliable source). He told her that Sprint was definitely going to be carrying the 7135. Well, we all know how that turned out.
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions