Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    I don't think anyone has seen a production model yet. Test versions based on T600 with upgrades to test functionality (and form) of what "might" be on the T650 is what I think we have seen. So until they reach the market or P1 comes out with data all we have is speculation. Any thing is posible, only a few things are probable.
    Cool find Salvador, thanks for saring. That would be real nice in my book. But it also sounds like it is mixed with speculation...

There are actual pics that have been posted in this forum that show the new 650. On the screen it shows what OS system it is running and indeed it says 5.4.5. However, you are correct in saying that P1 hasn't released any information. Could mean that things could change. As of the latest it IS 5.4.5.

Here is the link...
    http://mytreo.net/news/archives/000158.php
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70
    slashdot posters are generally fairly accurate.

Slashdot 101:

Slashdot employes a system of metering post quality and truthfullness known as "Karma". This system allows users "mod" or moderate messasges from others based on several qualities. These can be informative, funny, troll, flamebait, etc. The people who get to do this modification can only mod up to 5 messages or less based on how they use their 5 points. Others then get to moderate the moderators judging if they are honest or not.

When it's all said and done, a message from a user with positive karma and moderated as insightful has a great chance of being accurate and honest. While the users prone to creating rumors (like here) quickly go into bad karma and noone ever sees their posts.

Got it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    If this board was a soap opera it would be call "As the Rumors Fly"
    thats how it was when the Motorola V600 was supposed to come out
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    If T650 is delayed until January, this can only be a good thing. IMO it means they are going to upgrade the specs.
    where did you get that info from?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Agreed. As they stated, they are not going to be rushed with the release of the Treo 650 like Handspring was with the 600. Being rushed will cause nothing but the problems we are nitpiking about already. If they take the time and get it done right we will end up far happier with the overall quality. I just hope they don't where out their welcome with HTC...
    what are they going to do with the units that HTC shipped them like 1 month ago?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Who knows, honestly it's just speculation that they've received a mass shipment already... And if they did, I'm sure HTC can quickly update them if need be...

Another possibility it to release the first batch of flawed units to be sold, and quickly have the corrected ones made to replace the others as users complain. This practice has been done repeatedly with cell phones...
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    IMO P1 management decided not to bring out the 650 until it could be equipped with a 1.3 Mp camera, which has become the minimum standard for a high-end camera phone.
    Just got off the phone with a CS rep at Sprint. She gave me the December release date (not that that means anything). There are recent rumors going around about Oct 22nd. Also, if it is true that Sprint training for the 650 was Sunday, Sprint usually releases phones a week or so after training.

I think that P1 is releasing disinformation about an extended release date to try to take the pressure off. Just my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyazz
    Just got off the phone with a CS rep at Sprint. She gave me the December release date (not that that means anything). There are recent rumors going around about Oct 22nd. Also, if it is true that Sprint training for the 650 was Sunday, Sprint usually releases phones a week or so after training.

I think that P1 is releasing disinformation about an extended release date to try to take the pressure off. Just my opinion.
    maybe the gsm version is taking more time. it seems that we have seen pictures of the pcs version already but no gsm version of the 650
    Naveen

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    maybe the gsm version is taking more time. it seems that we have seen pictures of the pcs version already but no gsm version of the 650
    I think the first set of leaked pics was the GSM (could be wrong). Either way, IMO I think there will be an announcement (either from P1 or Sprint) sometime between 10/22-10/25.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyazz
    I think the first set of leaked pics was the GSM (could be wrong). Either way, IMO I think there will be an announcement (either from P1 or Sprint) sometime between 10/22-10/25.
    i hope so. all of the new phones/pdas are windows based. i really like the way palm software functions, but how long can I wait. The samsung flip phone has been delayed, the treo 650 is going to take a couple of months, and the P910a from SE is almost 850. It is almost a better to get a ppc phone?
    Naveen

Next Phone:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12