Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    my order got cancelled.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAdMoNKEY
    Just checked their rating by the way, it's down from 7+ to 1.88.
    oh, what a shame.

the reseller ratings site is slow.. i wonder if all people try to get on that website and rate that store. hee hee.. count me on that !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    oh, what a shame.

I get no pleasure out of posting bad feedback, but I HATE bad customer service. People make mistakes all the time, it happens, but it's how they handle their mistakes that speaks volumes about a person/company.

So fine--somehow, a company manages to posts a $106 item for only $32. Whoopsie. If they honor that price for all 25,000 orders they received, they are out a lot of money. Fine. Cancel the orders--I would prefer you honor your price, but I can understand your decision. But then? Do you realize you have 25,000 new customers who are extremely disappointed/angry at your store? Who feel they were duped into providing personal information, credit card info, and email addresses for nothing? Offer something, even if its small, to let your customers know you regret the mistake but that you really are concerned about their satisfaction. I don't know. 5% coupon? Free shipping upgrade on your next order? Sure you will take a monetary loss, but not as much as honoring your $32 price, and not as much as pissing off 25,000 people and having your store rating drop to zero in 2 hours.

Hmmm, I still sound bitter, don't I? Serenity now! Serenity now! Ok, feel better now.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    btw, i am going to call my CC to watch out of this company or any abnormal acct activities.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAdMoNKEY
    I get no pleasure out of posting bad feedback, but I HATE bad customer service. People make mistakes all the time, it happens, but it's how they handle their mistakes that speaks volumes about a person/company.

So fine--somehow, a company manages to posts a $106 item for only $32. Whoopsie. If they honor that price for all 25,000 orders they received, they are out a lot of money. Fine. Cancel the orders--I would prefer you honor your price, but I can understand your decision. But then? Do you realize you have 25,000 new customers who are extremely disappointed/angry at your store? Who feel they were duped into providing personal information, credit card info, and email addresses for nothing? Offer something, even if its small, to let your customers know you regret the mistake but that you really are concerned about their satisfaction. I don't know. 5% coupon? Free shipping upgrade on your next order? Sure you will take a monetary loss, but not as much as honoring your $32 price, and not as much as pissing off 25,000 people and having your store rating drop to zero in 2 hours.

Hmmm, I still sound bitter, don't I? Serenity now! Serenity now! Ok, feel better now.
    don't forgot they have 25000 new customers (assuming 1 order per customer)' credit card / billing address / personal information too.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfire
    don't forgot they have 25000 new customers (assuming 1 order per customer)' credit card / billing address / personal information too.
    You know, Chumbo looks like a mix between "Chump" and "Dumbo". I guess that's what we all are right now...a bunch of stinking chumbos. Or is it chumboes? Hmm, I'll go ask Mr. Quayle...
    Something fishy is going on at ResellerRatings.com. Most of the negative feedback left about Chumbo has been removed. Check out this thread.
    The link says $97.49. Where did you get 32.99?
    A little late to the pary Kouma. If you check out the thread you'll see the price was changed and then they cancelled sales.
    I emaild them Monday morning.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jeffrey,

Due to a technical error that caused an incorrect price to appear on
    our site for Chumbo Part # 229390 (Lexar High Speed - Flash memory card),
    we have had to cancel your order, per our policy:

Errors, Omissions, and Changes
    While Microgistix attempts to ensure the accuracy of any materials
    presented within the Chumbo.com Web site, Microgistix makes no warranties
    or representations as to its accuracy, and the user is warned that this
    service could include typographical errors, technical inaccuracies,
    and/or other errors or omissions. Microgistix reserves the right to make
    improvements and/or changes in this service at any time, and we reserve
    the right to make changes to our site and these disclaimers, terms and
    conditions at any time. Any list prices are the prices provided to
    Microgistix by our publishers and/or distributors, and are periodically
    updated. In the event that a product is listed at an incorrect price or
    with other incorrect information due to a typographical or other error,
    Microgistix has the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for the
    product listed incorrectly. Microgistix has the right to refuse or
    cancel any such orders, whether or not the order has been confirmed and/or
    your credit card has been char
    ged. If your credit card has been charged for the purchase and your
    order is canceled, Microgistix shall issue a credit to your credit card
    account in the amount of the charge. If a product offered by Microgistix
    is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it to Microgistix
    for a refund.

This policy may also be viewed at the following link:
    http://www.chumbo.com/page.asp?page=legal

No charges have been or will be made to your credit card. We regret any
    inconvenience that this may have caused you as Chumbo always strives
    for the highest integrity and value on our website for our customers.

Please be assured that we are working diligently to prevent errors of
    this type from occurring again in the future.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,

Sincerely,

David Ortiz
    General Manager
    Chumbo.com
    dortiz@chumbo.com
    612-486-1200
    www.chumbo.com
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    It's listed for just under $85 now.
    nice find. anyone know if the price in-store is the same?
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by ivyrose
    nice find. anyone know if the price in-store is the same?
    Nope, Fry's and Outpost have different pricing, same as Best Buy and Best Buy.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345