Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    guess what.. i believe it was the price mistake..

check the http://www.chumbo.com/info.asp?s=650590116751 again, the price went up to $106.49.

i wonder if they would cancel all orders which were made this morning
  2. KBS
    Now it is $106.49. The deal is gone....
    Hopefuly it wasn't a price mistake, but rather a 'limited time offer' and the offer just expired, leaving us who got in on the deal still valid =)
    let's hope
    well.. either way .. got no confirmation about it was a limited time offer. but if they would have to cancel the orders because of the price mistake, they could do that and i do not think we can do much about that. most of the time they have those "price mistake" policies in fine print
    btw, what is your order status? just hope orders would be shipped out asap.
    I ordered one at about 1045 Central Daylight Time and did get a confirmation email a couple hours later.
    Check your order status at the website (link in your confirmation email). That'll tell you what's up. Mine order's been sent to the warehouse. I wonder at what point it would be too late for Chumbo to cancel orders if this was a price mistake?
    my status is sent to the warehouse.
    i believe in any well organizated companies which do purchase and ship items, it will be ok to cancel the order until shipping. but of course, even thought the warehouse worker enters the information in the system and the system is indiciated the item's status is 'shipped', it still can pull the item back from warehouse and cancel the order.

i guess as long as it is not physically SHIPPED (left) from the warehouse, they can cancel order.

it is how the normal business does.
    I hope that they honor it. Regardless of whether it was a typo or not
    Don't count on them NOT canceling the order.

This is straight from their website:

In the event that a product is listed at an incorrect price or with other incorrect information due to a typographical or other error, Microgistix has the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for the product listed incorrectly. Microgistix has the right to refuse or cancel any such orders, whether or not the order has been confirmed and/or your credit card has been charged. If your credit card has been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, Microgistix shall issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge.

You can check it out at:
    http://www.chumbo.com/page.asp?page=legal

I hope they don't cancel as I did get an order in received the confirmation email. . .but I'm not holding my breath.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Nearly ordered a card from buy.com, but saw this and ordered today. Also ordered an 8-in-1 card reader. Got the confirmation email for the order...hope it ships!
    Bo Meyer
    Visor 90 --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 700p
    Mac OS X
    dammit, i was gonna order another 1 but they brought it up to $106.

what's a chumbo? maybe the long lost cousin of a chumba wumba

status on the card is "Order Received" @ $32.49 hope they follow through
    This reminds me somewhat of a time a while back when the treo 600 was listed on an Amazon partner site for 0 and the link brought you to Amazon to pay nothing for it. Needless to say it was a mistake and they cancelled all the orders..hope that doesn't happen to you guys on this.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    On my order of the 1gb card and an 8-in-1 reader, the card says 'order received' and the reader says 'sent to warehouse'. Hmm, I wish the card was 'sent to warehouse' ... may not be good news...
    Bo Meyer
    Visor 90 --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 700p
    Mac OS X
    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."

Yea, and 95% of all to-good-to-be-true Internet deals are TYPOS. In any event, I ordered a couple, so I'm also hoping it will be legit. I can only wonder how many orders for these they had at that price -- news sure travels fast on the net...
    Last edited by work2fish; 10/10/2004 at 08:22 PM.
    too many people order to the same product at the same period time will raise the "concern" to the store.
    oh well, will see how it turns out.
    If they cancel the orders, then that's a cheap way to get people to sign up for accounts on their site. Kind of a bait-and-switch if you ask me.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    news sure travels fast on the net...
    it's funny, i actually found that link on a motorcycle forum i moderate when i asked where i could find a cheap SD card
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast