Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    I found this power adapter on the J and R web page:

    http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4000742

    It says good for the T5 and the Treo 650

    If you look at the large picture, it has an interesting looking end. It appears that the right side of the new multi-connector, which is segmented from the rest of the connector, is for power. The new connector allows for less expensive charging cables.
  2.    #2  
    Look at this too: http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4000740

    The USB hot sync cable.
  3. #3  
    Interesting indeed. Cool find.
    <a href=http://www.floydpinkerton.net>My Homepage</a><br>
    <a href=http://www.totaldialup.net>TotalDialup.com</a> My business<br>
    <a href=http://www.coverupsounds.com>Coverupsounds.com</a> (my small contribution)
  4. hub
    hub is offline
    hub's Avatar
    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by FloydPinkerton
    Interesting indeed. Cool find.
    Hey FP,

    Did I miss something? When did this become a classified ad area?
  5. #5  
    Yes, you missed something.
  6. #6  
    Here we go again - power separate from sync, so we'll have the usual long wait for an all-in-one hotsync/power cable. Oh well, what should we expect......
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  7. #7  
    This is more like the standard power/connector out ports for most cell phones...actually this is a good idea, but I wonder how this works in cradle mode (assuming there is a cradle for the T650)
  8. #8  
    That's just like the connector the Sprint guy in Chattanooga had on his 650
  9. #9  
    Anyone have any ideas on how (if at all) we would be able to charge an extra 650 battery without having it connected to the Treo? Would this new connector take this into consideration?

    I would like to see a cradle with a built in charger for an extra battery so a fully charged spare is always ready to go with me.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by antmelnat
    Anyone have any ideas on how (if at all) we would be able to charge an extra 650 battery without having it connected to the Treo? Would this new connector take this into consideration?

    I would like to see a cradle with a built in charger for an extra battery so a fully charged spare is always ready to go with me.
    That's a common design so I expect to see that
  11. #11  
    Maybe I'm missing something since I don't own the Treo (YET!). Doesn't it come with a cradle for sync/charge?
    KitMoni
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by kitmoni
    Maybe I'm missing something since I don't own the Treo (YET!). Doesn't it come with a cradle for sync/charge?
    nope
  13. #13  
    usualy comes with a wall charger and a sync CABLE... rather annoying, but even more annoying is that I have a 600, THREE wall chargers, TWO cradles, ONE cable and a car charger... NONE of which will work with the 650 I'm gonna get.. *boo hoo*
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Here we go again - power separate from sync, so we'll have the usual long wait for an all-in-one hotsync/power cable. Oh well, what should we expect......
    Impossible this time. Assuming I know what I'm talking about, this new connector does not allow for charging via USB (USB Trickle charge, right?). Ryan over at PIC is saying this about the T|T5, and it will most likely be the same story for the Treo 650 as they have the same connector.
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by edeab220
    Impossible this time. Assuming I know what I'm talking about, this new connector does not allow for charging via USB (USB Trickle charge, right?). Ryan over at PIC is saying this about the T|T5, and it will most likely be the same story for the Treo 650 as they have the same connector.
    I wouldn't rule it out; combined charge/sync USB cables pre-date the trickle charge feature of eg. the TE and TT3. The third party sync/charge USB cables seem to work by taking the 5V-out supply lines from the USB output and feeding it to the 5V-in recharge lines on the universal connector, and this has worked back as far as the m5xx series.

    I think the reason official Palm(One) cables/cradles have never used this to charge is because a full charging current may be out of spec for the original USB standard, so you might burn out the socket. Hence the trickle charge, which only draws a low current from the USB port, but charges slowly.
  16. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by guinnessdraught
    I found this power adapter on the J and R web page:

    http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4000742

    It says good for the T5 and the Treo 650

    If you look at the large picture, it has an interesting looking end. It appears that the right side of the new multi-connector, which is segmented from the rest of the connector, is for power. The new connector allows for less expensive charging cables.
    ===========

    I found a Tungsten T5 cradle at the following location in the philly airport.
    http://www.airportwireless.com

    I thought it would work for Treo. But the white plastic that surrounds the phone plug is shaped for the tunsten not the treo. there is a workaround: you remove the white plastic. After that, the treo650 docks fine, but it is ugly. I'll probably have to sand down the white plastic to fix the look now that I wasted my $60 bucks.

    -TreoDork
  17. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Here we go again - power separate from sync, so we'll have the usual long wait for an all-in-one hotsync/power cable. Oh well, what should we expect......
    See

    http://www.gethightech.com/Merchant2...iliate=froogle

    or

    http://www.gomadic.com/hatr650posyc.html
  18. #19  
    or how about the one right here on TreoCentral from Seidio? I have it, works great.
    http://store.treocentral.com/content.../5-18--162.htm
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!

Posting Permissions