1.    #1  
    So I am currently in EDT and we change to EST on 10/31 at 2:00 AM...my question is this...

Will my Cingular GSM treo (no network time in prefs on the GSM) automatically change at to the right time? Or do I have to manually make the change?

I set the time and date on my Treo to 10/31 and 1:58 AM...and waited...through 2:01 AM...and no change...not until I manually change DST to off in Date and Time prefs...

Checked in CityTime...same thing.
    KeNNethX - The gUy iS oUt tHeRe!
    Cingular GSM Treo does not have any intrinsic network time sync. You will need to do this manually.
  3.    #3  
    Somebody on MyTreo.net found this when I posed the same question over there....

http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...etails&lid=306

It not network...but it is smart enough to make the adjustment.
    Just curoius, why don't you use the 'network time'?
    That setting should do it for you, plus you would know when Cingular thinks it's 'off peak', not what the rest of the world thinks.
    I am sure you have a good reason, I am just wondering.
    Thanks, Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Just curoius, why don't you use the 'network time'?
    That setting should do it for you, plus you would know when Cingular thinks it's 'off peak', not what the rest of the world thinks.
    I am sure you have a good reason, I am just wondering.
    Thanks, Matt
    where do you set the network time for Cingular in Treo600?

jposin mentioned Cingular GSM Treo does not have any intrinsic network time sync, and kennethx said he does not have the network time in prefs on the GSM.

I am using the unbranded / unlocked Treo600 (got it from PalmOne). Can I set the network time too? (i only have date & time, and Network but I do not have the Network Time) I know TMO supports the network time sync thou. it works on my SE phones.
    No network time setting for any GSM Treo 600 AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    I miss read his post, I knew he had a good reason that he was asking..LOL
    That is strange that Cingular doesn't have that option.
    I read it as he as not using the NetworkTime and wanted to know about the Daylight Saving Time.

I hang my head in shame
    Matt
    I use TimeCopy v1.4 [http://vons.free.fr/palm/]. This elegant, free, and trouble free little program does only one thing. It syncs the Treo to the PC time. Windows is smart enough to go to standard time and TimeCopy is smart enough to listen to it. I recognize that not all Treo users synch to a PC.

I also use three clock programs, each of which know about daylight savings time. However, they are not smart enough to change by themselves and they do not know about one another. I can never get them to agree.

Now to the hard part. As a frequent public speaker for thirty years, I have a house full of clocks. By the time they have all been adjusted it will be Spring again.
    Last edited by whmurray; 10/08/2004 at 01:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    I use TimeCopy v1.4 [http://vons.free.fr/palm/]. This elegant, free, and trouble free little program does only one thing. It syncs the Treo to the PC time. Windows is smart enough to go to standard time and TimeCopy is smart enough to listen to it. I recognize that not all Treo users synch to a PC.

I also use three clock programs, each of which know about daylight savings time. However, they are not smart enough to change by themselves and they do not know about one another. I can never get them to agree.

Now to the hard part. As a frequent public speaker for thirty years, I have a house full of clocks. By the time they have all been adjusted it will be Spring again.
    This work with Macs too! Macs use the internet connection to keep the clock accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    I miss read his post, I knew he had a good reason that he was asking..LOL
    That is strange that Cingular doesn't have that option.
    I read it as he as not using the NetworkTime and wanted to know about the Daylight Saving Time.

I hang my head in shame
    Matt
    I think Cingular uses one of those wind-up Baby Ben clocks for their network time and since it isnt digital they cant use it in their phones
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  11.    #11  
    Again try this freeware app....

http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.ph...details&lid=306

It is called aDSTKeeper and it WILL automatically adjust on and off DST...not network but it works fine...plus its loaded with tons of country's a citys if you are traveling.