1.    #1  
    As I recall, PalmOne prevailed in litigation with Xerox on patents for Grafiti that Xerox claimed as prior art that they held patents on. The verdict or settlement was announced maybe 6 months ago. Does this mean the return of Grafiti or something like it to PalmOne products as standard software that ships with the OS ? Anyone know ?
    No, I think that Graffiti 2 is what we are stuck with. Long live the Treo Keyboard!
    Yeah. I was very fast with Graffiti 1, but I'm way faster with a keyboard, and there are fewer errors.

Why do you want to go back to Graffiti?

Long live the Treo Keyboard.
    The T5 uses Graffiti doesn't it?
    I heard the SE P900/910 writing recognition is much better than the treo's?
  6.    #6  
    Graffiti is helpful as an optional input method when you are taking quick notes or numbers while on speaker. Probably a preference of mine, but I would love to see this feature restored on the 650. The commercial solutions (that work) are very expensive.
    For all of you interested, I have a procedure that will get the original Graffiti on to your Treo 600 (and eventually 650) and allow you to use it without a traditional graffiti input area. I am sure it has been posted elsewhere, but I thought I would offer it here in a relevant thread. Someone post back if there is interest for me to write out the instructions.

Cheers,
    Brady
    snoslicer8 I have interest in finding out how to do it if you have the time to type it out.
    The following instructions are taken from within the "How To Install Graffiti 1" package that I am attaching. Mods, please tell me if this file is not allowed to be posted here.

DO NOT HOTSYNC THE INCLUDED FILES DIRECTLY TO YOUR PALM. IT WILL CRASH. YOU MUST INSTALL TO THE SD CARD AND THEN FOLLOW THE REST OF THE INSTRUCTIONS.

How to Install from an SD Card:

1. Disable tealscript or any other Graffiti replacement program on your handheld.

2. Put an SD card in the palm, and use the Palm Quick Install tool to install both files to "Expansion Card". DO NOT INSTALL DIRECTLY ONTO THE PALM!

3. Copy Graffiti_Library_enUS.PRC from the card to your handheld using a file management utility such as FileZ <http://nosleepsoftware.sourceforge.net/download.html>.

4. Copy Graffiti_Library.PRC from the card to your handheld.

5. Preform a soft reset (simply press the device's reset pin), and enjoy Graffiti 1!

After this step, you must install the freeware program called Graffiti Anywhere and configure it. It's available at Palmgear.com.

BTW: If you ONLY install GraffitiAnywhere, you will be able to access the Treo 600's built in Graffiti 2. It ships with this version, but has no built in way to access it. =)

Cheers,
    Brady
    Oops...the file!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    And how is this different from Jot? Sorry if this is a silly question.
    Look out, this will remove your 'autocap' feature, just an FYI.
    I used it for a while, then went back to the G2 support after a firmware upgrade.
    But it looks like the 650 will have a DIA.
    just mey 2-cents, Matt

Here is another thread about it too.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...affiti+treo600

Brady, Email an Admin and ask them if you can write a FAQ on this for the FAQ section.
    I have tried hand-writing recognition since the first Apple Newton came out years ago. It's a nice idea, and maybe it will really work someday. For now, I can achieve a far greater level of speed and accuracy with the keyboard.
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    Quote Originally Posted by snoslicer8
    For all of you interested, I have a procedure that will get the original Graffiti on to your Treo 600 (and eventually 650) and allow you to use it without a traditional graffiti input area. I am sure it has been posted elsewhere, but I thought I would offer it here in a relevant thread. Someone post back if there is interest for me to write out the instructions.

Cheers,
    Brady

Please repost,

Sal
    Sal~
    I don't understand why you're asking for a repost...everything is up there. Please clarify what you are asking for...thanks.

Cheers,
    Brady