Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    this ****e rocks on sprint! way better than the da app. only thing is listings may not be totally current. I typed in a borders books & there is one that is a year old from my house that did not come up. I wonder who they use for their engine?
    I have it working on my T-Mobile Treo 600 with np at all... v nice service Google has here.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Works for me in SF Bay Area on Cingular. Maybe peruse the Google SMS FAQ to see if you have a config problem:

http://www.google.com/sms/faq.html
    Quote Originally Posted by wahooka
    google announced an sms search today. basically you send a text message to 46645 (GOOGL) and with the message being what you want to search for. then you get a text message back from google with results.

example:
    send to: 46645

and you get results back of info on pizza places at that zip code.

however i tried it on my treo and i get error (19) has occured. anyone know if we can use this service and a work around?

seems like a cool free service...

works great in my zip received one message for each location that had search word pizza. Provided phone and address. copyed address into "Dir Assist" a free address look-up with directions and maps. This works for individuals and companies. link http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/

thanks
    PW
    sometimes it takes a few minutes for it to get back around to me but all and all the features are working... i.e. definition lookup, store lookup, etc.

this service definitely gets the thumbs up.
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    You have this service through AIM also. So as not to use up your text message allotment, you can use Verichat or something else through data conncection.

It might not be as robust as Google SMS, but it does what it's supposed to.

Just add AOLBuddy and AOLYellowPages.
    I disabled Treo600SMS and now it works. I've had Treo600SMS since the early days (prior to the firmware upgrade) and I don't notice any other differences now that it's turned off. Are there any?

Also, how come google SMS doesn't show up as a chat thread? Is this related to the Treo600SMS difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by hesspaul
    I disabled Treo600SMS and now it works. I've had Treo600SMS since the early days (prior to the firmware upgrade) and I don't notice any other differences now that it's turned off. Are there any?

Also, how come google SMS doesn't show up as a chat thread? Is this related to the Treo600SMS difference?
    Treo600SMS is still more robust for sending sms to email address it seems. Also, I did have a GoogleSMS chat, but it was '146645', not '46645', go figure.

I guess we should email PDAapps about this...
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Here is a cut n paste from the faq page

"There are some bugs we know about:

Google SMS and Treo phones don't seem to play nicely together.
    Google SMS doesn't always work if youíve switched wireless providers while keeping the same phone number (number portability). "

Both apply to me so I guess I'm SOL.

Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    Works for me in SF Bay Area on Cingular. Maybe peruse the Google SMS FAQ to see if you have a config problem:

http://www.google.com/sms/faq.html
    Sprint works for me also.
    Jim@treo1.com
    <a href="http://treo1.com">
    treo1.com
    One Stop, plain and simple
    <a href="http://treo1.com/index650.htm"> Visit our new Treo650 optimized site!!</a>
    <a href="http://palmoscentral.com"> Visit our new website palmOSCentral.com!</a>
    Works geat with Cingular!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Works great for me on Sprint in Central Virginia.
    It would be REALLY cool if we could get movie listings this way!!

"Taxi 23451"

or something...
    Doesn't work for me in Boston, via Verizon (on an unlocked Sprint phone)
    Same error 19 here
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherv
    Doesn't work for me in Boston, via Verizon (on an unlocked Sprint phone)

Google SMS doesn't always work if youíve switched wireless providers while keeping the same phone number (number portability). "

strait from the faq page
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by hesspaul
    I disabled Treo600SMS and now it works.
    Imma Treo 600 baby...Can somone walk me through the above action and any subsequent steps.

Thanks,
    Ken
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk

strait from the faq page
    Okay, applies to me too.. doesn't mean I understand it. Every other person on God's green earth receives my SMS messages.

It would be nice if they at least told us if they were working on the problem or if we're just SOL forever...

Anyway, seems like a great service and hopefully they can get the problem sorted out. I wonder if this is on Sprint's side and if we can pressure them to fix it.
    "You can't change people, only your reaction to them"
    Quote Originally Posted by tialoc
    Okay, applies to me too.. doesn't mean I understand it. Every other person on God's green earth receives my SMS messages.

It would be nice if they at least told us if they were working on the problem or if we're just SOL forever...

Anyway, seems like a great service and hopefully they can get the problem sorted out. I wonder if this is on Sprint's side and if we can pressure them to fix it.
    Shyyyyyyyyt.
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    If you use google on the treo, would it be called Troogle?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast