1.    #1  
    I don't know about most of you, but I've had a 600 since the first day Sprint released it, and other than resolution which is being addressed with the 650, my ONLY gripe is that I can barely feel the darn thing vibrate. I hope the vibrator in the 650 is better (insert joke here). Has anyone heard?
    Good point..... I remember I hated that about my Treo 600.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Me too! I keep missing calls in vibrate mode. What's the point?
    I seem to have gotten use to the weak vibrator in the 600, but a stronger one in the 650 would be very nice.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    The vibrator in the 600 is just a tad louder than the ringtones its insane lose/lose. That's why I hate riding factory
    Stronger vibrate in the 650 is actually the most important upgrade point for me. I'm deaff, so I use the vibrate function all the time and probably 70% of the time don't feel the T600 vibratinng.
    Pete
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Waaaaiiiiitt a minute. You're deaf? How can you use a phone?
    Running the danger of speaking for someone else, but it makes sense he would use a Treo, with the integrated keyboard and excellent data features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman6
    Waaaaiiiiitt a minute. You're deaf? How can you use a phone?

SMS...i wouldnt be surprised if their was an application that would help with a voice call.

i know there are phones (land line) that are "operator assisted".
    Primarily I use the Data Stuff, SMS, Email, IM, Telnet

Through Telnet I can contact a Communications Assistant and place a call to another phone (cell or land-line)

My TTY (text device) also can hook to the Treo. Check out under Phone > Options > Phone Preferences > TTY/TDD mode. Those modes enable the TTY to work with the Treo when plugged into the Headset jack.
    Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEMT
    Primarily I use the Data Stuff, SMS, Email, IM, Telnet

Through Telnet I can contact a Communications Assistant and place a call to another phone (cell or land-line)
    I'm deaf as well, and use a lot of e-mail and some SMS (for notification of e-mails from specific people) and IM. For Relay (for those times I don't have my hearing aids on) I found that there is now a relay service that can be used through AIM. (see AIM Relay) Which service do you access through Telnet? (and for that matter, how do you Telnet?)
    IP-Relay can be accessed via telnet.

Protocol: "Telnet"
    Hostname: "wireless.ip-relay.com"
    Port: "2510"

Also I just found another AIM Relay, HIPRelay. If you go to hamiltonwireless.com, it tells you how to register so you can receive calls from it too!
    Pete
    Ohh and how, I use a Telnet client. Mocha Telnet seems to work the best.
    Pete