Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Check this out. Now if you send a txt message from your phone to this number: 46645, you can do a QUICK Web search on your phone.

(46645 is googl on most phones.)

What to know: Where's a Starbucks near me?
    send this: starbucks 10099
    And in less than a minute, you'll get the local Startucks and it's address and phone number

Want: Pizza in Los Angeles?
    send this: Pizza Los Angeles
    And you'll get 3 listings to your phone

It also defines words for you, does reverse phone number lookups, gives you product prices (try: price ipod 40gb), and more.

See more at http://sms.google.com

This is so much faster than dealing with the idiots at 411 and it's even cheaper than infone!

Tell me what you think.
    This is awesome, google is on fire lately.
  3.    #3  
    It's even faster and easier to use that the directory assistance software I use.
    Cool :-)
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    WOW! Wish I had some stock in GOOG!
    Wish I had unlimited text (Boo Verizon!)
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Wish I had unlimited text (Boo Verizon!)
    ditto...boo sprint
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    hmm...I just sent 2 msgs to 46645 and nothing has come back yet. . .

Maybe T-Mo is blocking this? Anyone else on T-Mo get it to work?
  9.    #9  
    A friend of mind who's on Sprint isn't getting a response either. Wonder what it is. Anyone know?

I'm on AT&T and it works fine.
    I got a message withing 10 seconds. I addressed the SMS to 46645. In the body of the SMS I put pizza.10023 (with the period in between). I got two listings. Pretty sweet so far. Now, if there was a way to take the contact info it sends back and save it into your Contacts, Memo, etc. (a la Directory Assist) then that would be most excellent!
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Now, does anyone know how to make Sprint send multi-part SMS? I ask for HELP and get (1of2) ... or is there someway to ask Google for page 2of2?
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTreo
    A friend of mind who's on Sprint isn't getting a response either. Wonder what it is. Anyone know?

I'm on AT&T and it works fine.
    I just tried it on Sprint using the period between the criteria and the zip code and it worked fine.
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Interesting ... from HELP I got only (1of2), but a listing for flowers 48170 got back two pages (2of2) followed a couple seconds later by (1of2).

I thought Sprint did not do multi-part SMS? Since it did for the flower query, did something *hiccup* on the help query to only send one SMS?
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Hmmm ... Sprint SMS started a chat automatically to catch all the responses (Good!), but it says my chat is with 146645 rather than 46645. When I send via the chat it doesn't work, but a page to 46645 is responding to right away with the response showing up in the chat for 146645.

Similar for others?
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by srparr
    Hmmm ... Sprint SMS started a chat automatically to catch all the responses (Good!), but it says my chat is with 146645 rather than 46645. When I send via the chat it doesn't work, but a page to 46645 is responding to right away with the response showing up in the chat for 146645.

Similar for others?
    No, mine didn't start a chat. I got separate SMS messages (1 of 2 and then 2 of 2). Maybe it has to do with your location? I am in the Philadelphia area.
    Jeff
    Sweet...thanks for the info!
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Works with T-Mobile and I have unlimited SMS. This is sweet!!!
    Just tried this w TMo...worked fine for me. And got a response in just a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by subtex
    hmm...I just sent 2 msgs to 46645 and nothing has come back yet. . .

Maybe T-Mo is blocking this? Anyone else on T-Mo get it to work?
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    That's amazing. I put in pizza + my zip code, and received two SMS's, each with one pizza place name, address, and phone number. The phone number is even highlighted so I can dial directly from the SMS app.

Next, I sent my name and zip code, and received back my name, address, and phone number. cool.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by srparr
    Interesting ... from HELP I got only (1of2), but a listing for flowers 48170 got back two pages (2of2) followed a couple seconds later by (1of2).

I thought Sprint did not do multi-part SMS? Since it did for the flower query, did something *hiccup* on the help query to only send one SMS?
    I think Google is sending you two separate SMS's. You just received part 2 first.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast