Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Anyone trying from outside USA? I just tried from Turkey, prefixed the 46645 with the international code (+1). No response.
    -mbd26
    see thread # 39
    So far no luck with Verizon in Boston, MA.
    Seems to be US specific
    www.gsmworld.com
    Quote Originally Posted by FloydPinkerton
    Sprint Treo600 in Portland, OR working perfectly here. AWESOME FIND - THANKS!
    im in portland too. works awesome here.
    And it doesn't even need a Treo!!!!
    I can't get any response here in Atlanta on Sprint. Anyone in Atlanta area getting the service working on Sprint SMS?
    I got mine working in Atlanta this morning. However, it did take a few minutes to get a reply. I will try it again later today.
    BillK - yes, I'm in Atlanta and I got this service to work just fine...
    Working in Pitsburgh.

Verizon now has a 'Pull Text Alerts' service with a bunch of news and entertainment options.

http://verizon.vipprod.com/verizon/whatIsPull.jsp
    This is SWEEEEEET
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
    Works here in Philly on T-mobile. It does seem like a nice alternative to firing up a browser and waiting for the result, especially if your having GPRS issues.

Thanks.. this is cool
    For those of you who it's not working, was your number ported from another carrier in the past? Mine was, I'm just curious if that contributes to it not working.
    -Taylor
    So was mine, and likewise it's not working.... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    For those of you who it's not working, was your number ported from another carrier in the past? Mine was, I'm just curious if that contributes to it not working.
    -Taylor
    Nope!
    NICE! Looked up "Fry's 95122" and listed all Fry's Electronics in my area including addresses. Even ones that are not in the same zip code. I received 2 txts. SWEET!! Thx for the info. I wonder if this is what Causerie is using for their bots...
    Works great in SLC on AT&T. Wish the info could come in one SMS though. Looking for a Starbucks in Seattle or a ski resort in Utah could clog up your inbox in a hurry. Is there a trigger that keeps 1000 messages from coming in?
    Works fine on Sprint here in Maryland. Thanks!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ed
    And it doesn't even need a Treo!!!!
    No, but my friends without Treos are less excited about it. Typing on their phone pads is so cumbersome that they it's more of a chore for them.
    This is great. It surely is quicker than trying to find Starbucks via the starbucks store locator.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast