Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Anyone yet call up telesales and see if you can preorder the treo650 yet? Last year around this time some where able to order a treo 600 2 weeks or so before the initial release. They usually have it under a "code" name that circulates around the telesales agents. Any one try this with any luck?
    Last edited by damigs; 10/07/2004 at 08:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    no luck. they said the fact that the Treo 650 exists is "rumor and speculation" at this point, at which point i said, really... go check out a few of these websites then so youre a little better informed at which point the woman said "good day."
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    no luck. they said the fact that the Treo 650 exists is "rumor and speculation" at this point, at which point i said, really... go check out a few of these websites then so youre a little better informed at which point the woman said "good day."
    Was it SPrint that you called. SHe proabably did not read the memo....
    did you call P1 or did you call Sprint?
    When I spoke to my Cingular rep, he mentioned that they do in fact have the 650's however they are in the hands of their test engineers. once it passes testing, they will let the Cingular Telesales reps sell them commercially. Otherwise the telesales people are pretty much useless at this point
    My SO was on the phone with sprint for 40 mins last night and the rep said that the 650 is listed in the inventory but won't be available until december I may give up waiting and go with the HP 6315.... hate waiting....
    I called palmone and the agent quickly said he knew nothing about the 650. He wqould not even discuss the matter. It was almost like he had heard these questions before and was going to cut me off before I went too far.
    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by duchess
    My SO was on the phone with sprint for 40 mins last night and the rep said that the 650 is listed in the inventory but won't be available until december I may give up waiting and go with the HP 6315.... hate waiting....
    I wish I'd never heard of the Treo 650. I was so fortunate last year to hear of the Treo 600 just as it was starting to become available, so I just ordered it.

This year, I just can't stand it, if there was a serious alternative available in the UK NOW then I probably couldn't help my self. I don't think the 6315 is available here, but Orange have pictured the M2000 (MDA III) in it's magazine as 'coming soon' for the past 2 months.

Last week I even convinced myself I didn't need a smartphone, went out to the shops and had a look at the V3 and S700 and came away happy to keep waiting for the Treo. A week later and I'm getting twitchy again...!!!!!
    i was just at best buy. last week they pulled all of the 600's. i asked why, they guy told me there must be a new one coming in a month or so? unless best buy is getting out of the pda/phones in the stores (they have been reducing inventory alot lately), i thought it was wierd that they will offer nothing like that for a month.
    This is how the Sprint release of the T600 went as well. They were available from Palm One first, it took a little longer for Sprint's telesales and stores to have any T600 for sale. I believe it will happen like this again for the 650.
    Carl
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    Until PalmOne says it exists it's going to "rumor and speculation." She might have been really informed by all the websites and more, but they aren't going to be like, "Sure, you can order one of our unannounced products."

We all know it exists, but we have to play the game until Palm acknowledges it.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlGalgano
    This is how the Sprint release of the T600 went as well. They were available from Palm One first, it took a little longer for Sprint's telesales and stores to have any T600 for sale. I believe it will happen like this again for the 650.
    Not true! Although Handspring (not Palm One, remember ) put details and specs regaring the 600 up on its website initially (with a "Coming Soon" notice), it did not actually offer the device for sale first. Sprint was actually selling the 600 at least one full week before Handspring (as long as you were able to get a Sprint CSR who was knowledgeable enough to find it in the system). Look back in the Treocentral archives (if they survived the server crash of last year) and you will see all of the posts from people who managed to get one first from Sprint.

I personally had my Treo 600 in my hands, shipped overnight from Sprint Telesales, a number of days before Handspring began selling the device AND before Handspring officially announced their customer loyalty rebate program.

It IS true that the Sprint stores began getting the 600s in stock later, but it was still within a few days of Handspring beginning their sales of the product.

David
    I had a 6315 (still have it if you want to buy it! lol) and just switched over to a Treo 600. Boy oh boy, what a difference! I really like the Pocket PC OS but the 6315 as a phone just doesn't cut it. I really like the T600 much better. So much in fact, that I'll probably shell out the bucks for the T650 when it comes out. The screen resolution is one thing I really miss from my Pocket PC. That, and the ability to assign alarms to Tasks... but I won't even get going on that one!
    if you get s/w like BeyondContacts or KeySuite you do that with tasks
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by davpel
    Not true! Although Handspring (not Palm One, remember ) put details and specs regaring the 600 up on its website initially (with a "Coming Soon" notice), it did not actually offer the device for sale first. Sprint was actually selling the 600 at least one full week before Handspring (as long as you were able to get a Sprint CSR who was knowledgeable enough to find it in the system). Look back in the Treocentral archives (if they survived the server crash of last year) and you will see all of the posts from people who managed to get one first from Sprint.

I personally had my Treo 600 in my hands, shipped overnight from Sprint Telesales, a number of days before Handspring began selling the device AND before Handspring officially announced their customer loyalty rebate program.

It IS true that the Sprint stores began getting the 600s in stock later, but it was still within a few days of Handspring beginning their sales of the product.

David
    ya but this is palm1 thats dealing with the treos not handspring... so they prob wont release anything now until they announce it...
    i looked up the 650 at work ( i work in a sprint store) and found all the specs ( it was a draft) but it had no pictures on it. it had no price either.....just a release date....October 22 2004. i'll probally be one of the 1st to get it if thats true as it happens to fall on my pay date....they can just keep my check and send me the phone.
    Chase...what were the specs?

thanks!
    Yes, what were the specs? Did you notice whether or not it will indeed have a 1.3 megapixel camera?
    Thanks.
    [QUOTE=bilbo__baggins]

This year, I just can't stand it, if there was a serious alternative available in the UK NOW then I probably couldn't help my self. I don't think the 6315 is available here, but Orange have pictured the M2000 (MDA III) in it's magazine as 'coming soon' for the past 2 months.

[QUOTE]

looks amazing doesnt it shame its not palm os
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    i was just at best buy. last week they pulled all of the 600's. i asked why, they guy told me there must be a new one coming in a month or so? unless best buy is getting out of the pda/phones in the stores (they have been reducing inventory alot lately), i thought it was wierd that they will offer nothing like that for a month.
    I was in my local Best Buy (For those in the know, the one on Independence) on Saturday and the 600s were still there. I went there today and the 600s were gone. I asked the rep what happened to them and he said that they were getting a new model in a few weeks.

Now bear in mind that this is the same guy that told me "There is no Treo 600. There is only the 300." when I went in there looking for accessories for my 600 that had just come in the mail. Very big grain of salt!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast