1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 600 and Cingular is my service provider. I want to set up my home e-mail (Roadrunner) on my Treo.

Currently, I can receive e-mails, but cannot send. I assume that this means my smtp settings are incorrect. I have tried server-smtp.triad.rr.com which is my server setting for Roadrunner here in North Carolina, but get an error message.

I've called Cingular's data group for help, but they don't seem to have a clue about what to do with the Treo, which sort of baffles me.

Can anyone help me here? Thanks!
    You need the cingular SMTP server address placed into the server setup.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
    Quote Originally Posted by nctreofreak
    Currently, I can receive e-mails, but cannot send. I assume that this means my smtp settings are incorrect. I have tried server-smtp.triad.rr.com which is my server setting for Roadrunner here in North Carolina, but get an error message.
    Unfortunately, Roadrunner does not allow you to connect to their SMTP server unless you are physically connected to their network. It's not that your doing anything wrong with your settings. It's just that they don't allow it. The reason they do this is to avoid attempts by users outside the network to send spam.

Other providers, like Earthlink, do allow you to authenticate to their SMTP server from outside their service by using a standard username and password. Each ISP is different

As jerzydiver indicates, you should use an SMTP server that Cingular provides (if they do, in fact, provide one). I use Verizon's service myself, so I am unfamiliar as to what Cingular does, or does not, provide.

Good luck.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for all the advice guys....

After reading your input, I did the Google thing and found out the Cingular SMTP settings, passwords etc. using Snapper Mail. It also works on the std Treo mail.

For the benefit of any other Cingular user, here you go:

Cingular SMTP Settings:

To configure SnapperMail (or Treo Mail) to send email using Cingular's server, go to your Server Account settings (Edit Accounts | Server). Enter the following for the Outgoing Mail Server:

SMTP Server: photo.mycingular.com
    Username: cing
    Password: msg

(Note: Username and Password for SMTP are found under the "Advanced" tab on Treo mail.
    I am having a problem setting up my outgoing for sprint. please help