1.    #1  
    If not, why not?
    As previously announced on several sites (check other threads on TC), the Treo 650 will most likely run on OS 5.4 (Garnet).

Rumors has it one of the reasons for this decision is Mac OS compatibility.
    Not to mention the fact that OS6 SUCKS! You really need to learn to think before you buy something that "CLAIMS" to be newer and/or better. OS6 has incredible DRM restrictions making it so that the carrier of the phones could "lock" it to run only THEIR software... Based on this, Verizon would probably want it!
    Would we be able to upgrade to Cobalt?
    The 650 will not come with OS6 and will most likely not allow you upgrade. There are so many little software widgets and wadgets specific to the model that by the time they have it figured out it won't be worth it any more.
    See my other post...I just got to see the 650 at the sprint store in chattanooga and it has 5.4.5
    Quote Originally Posted by temfate
    Not to mention the fact that OS6 SUCKS! You really need to learn to think before you buy something that "CLAIMS" to be newer and/or better. OS6 has incredible DRM restrictions making it so that the carrier of the phones could "lock" it to run only THEIR software... Based on this, Verizon would probably want it!

Uh...what are you talking about?!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Uh...what are you talking about?!
    What part didn't you understand? OS6, Cobalt, is made to seem like a great improvement over OS5. However, it has some pretty powerful DRM restrictions (Digital Rights Management). This allows it to know if you are playing pirated mp3's, pirated applications, etc... It allows the carrier to restrict you from running ANY program that THEY haven't signed... It may sound like a good OS, but if you run it you are handing over your freedom...