1 GB SD Card $130 (Ultra)
    Auto Adapter $30
    Pocket DVD $35
    Other Software $100

Ooops! Forgot:
    Wireless Headset $35
    Treo 650 Case $30

Total $1,009

Last edited by Triple xXx; 10/07/2004 at 12:58 PM.
    Moron! At least you are if you paid $300 for a 1gb sd! I just bought one for $68... Try shopping around... www.ecost.com is where I got mine. They are dirt cheap!
    The "other software" will amount to a lot more than $100 I bet. As all the little tweak utilities for the 650 come out in the months following the device it won't take long for it to add up to as much as the device was in the first place :P
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Dude,

You know this info is confusing. Clarify yourself - did you "already" pay this amount to a vendor to get the 650? Or are you just weighing the loss to your wallet? Yet, you imply a done deal which is most likely not. Take it easy.
    Ed
    zorz.net
    Palm III > Palm V > palm Vx > Palm m500 > Sony Clie SJ33 > Palm Treo 650
    But knowing that you'll be the best equipped geek in the blocl? Priceless
    hey! that's my line ;-)
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    I haven't bought (or stolen) any software for the Treo 600, so it's easy enough to get by without it. I've thought about it a few times, but then decided that mp3 ringers weren't that critical to me. I'm glad to know they are there though.

SD card isn't that cheap. Selling your current auto adapter on ebay should recoup a lot of that cost.

By the way, do you have to re-buy Pocket DVD if you go to a Treo 650? I would think it would run without an issue. Don't know about licensing though. If anything they should have an upgrade program.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by temfate
    Moron! At least you are if you paid $300 for a 1gb sd! I just bought one for $68... Try shopping around... www.ecost.com is where I got mine. They are dirt cheap!
    OK OK...I just looked real quick I saw one for $75. I would be interested in the Ulta SD Cards for more speed though.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by zorz
    Dude,

You know this info is confusing. Clarify yourself - did you "already" pay this amount to a vendor to get the 650? Or are you just weighing the loss to your wallet? Yet, you imply a done deal which is most likely not. Take it easy.

I was just saying that I can count that money as good as gone when the Treo 650 comes out because that is what I intend to purchase.

This stuff adds up!
  10. ajg
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Bought a 512k ultra SD on ebay (SanDisk) -- $55 plus 5 for shipping. Makes backups fly, and for movies -- loading and playing, my perception is that it does make a difference. 1G sounds attractive, but on 512k I can get enough audio and video entertainment to keep me busy on any business trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx
    I was just saying that I can count that money as good as gone when the Treo 650 comes out because that is what I intend to purchase.

This stuff adds up!
    well check the thread for the 1GB for $49 from buy.com? That's one way to bring down the overall cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg
    on 512k I can get enough audio and video entertainment to keep me busy on any business trip.
    Uh, so your business trips are like 30 seconds long? Which airline do you take? Cause I wanna buy a ticket for my next flight.